PDA

View Full Version : Basilisk II PSP Port (Mac Emulator for PSP) Test Release 13 12/07/08

wraggster
July 12th, 2008, 22:22
Jf (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3741&start=270)has posted yet another release of the Mac Emulator for the PSP, heres the release details:

Hope you're not superstitious! Here's test 13. Now uses AppleDouble format instead of B2 format on the memstick. This is the format Apple uses to write files to non-HFS format disks. In this format, you have two files for each file you see on the desktop: the first has the regular name and holds the data fork - note that this file may be 0 bytes long, but still MUST exist; the second file will have "._" prepended to the regular name and holds the finder info and resource fork. They should be in the same place - if you've gotten a zip from the 68kShrine, you'll notice both those files are present, but in different directories. I don't know why - maybe zip does that. Just copy the files into the same directory. For example, when you copy the glider files, you'll have these in the same directory:

"Glider 3.14"
"._Glider 3.14"

Also, directories can have finder info as well, so after running this on the memstick, you'll find "._files" in the main B2 directory. That is the AppleDouble file that holds the finder info for the main directory "files/". That is normal.

I noticed there is a problem with the B2 external filesystem where it won't write to the memstick. I first noticed it on the new code, so I went back to the old and it was there as well. I added logging to the code and found it's a problem in B2, not my external filesystem. I might look into it more later.

Anyhow, see how you like this as opposed to the B2 filesystem.

Download Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/b2-test13.zip) and give feedback and Compatability Reports via comments.

wolfpack
July 13th, 2008, 03:42
why would someone want a mac port on their psp?......

*shudders*

Magimog
July 13th, 2008, 05:35
Has anyone got this thing to work yet? I downloaded all the base files necessary and every time I load it up I just get a floppy disk icon with a question mark in it...

sPod
July 13th, 2008, 05:42
i cant find the rom files

Hawq
July 13th, 2008, 12:37
test 15 is out now

kjetil1991
July 13th, 2008, 14:05
Has anyone got this thing to work yet? I downloaded all the base files necessary and every time I load it up I just get a floppy disk icon with a question mark in it...
what are you on? on phat use 2/3/4 kernel not 1.5 or you get the question mark :rolleyes: