PDA

View Full Version : XMBeditor V.3 for 4.01 M33 Released

wraggster
July 13th, 2008, 23:50
News via psphacks (http://www.psp-hacks.com/2008/07/13/xmbeditor-v3-for-401-m33-released/)

Mr. Shizzy back up in the heezy, baby… Get down with XMBeditor V.3 for custom firmware 4.01 M33. You know what it’s all about — flash this theme, change that theme, create your own… Do it all from one easy to use homebrew app.

XMBeditor V.3 changes:

now for 4.01 M33 (and all 4.01 m33 updates)
added EULA
usb menu (Toggle Mem stick, Flash 0-1-2-3))
overclocked for faster flashing
added support for all the new 401 rco files
now uses luaHM7
can now rename themes using SONY’s osk
can now rename MODS using SONY’s osk
added powertick (to prevent auto sleep mode while using Program)
updated all prx offsets in prx editor for 4.01
Added security to prevent people from doing unsafe hex jobs of this program
Can now play video/sound preview of gameboots
Can Now remove/restore gameboot logo
Minor bug fixes

Download Here (http://www.mediafire.com/?bbmd14xmrwd)and give feedback via comments.

NoQuarter
July 14th, 2008, 00:08
Nice one Shizzy!,keep up the good work.
Unfortunately for me I've barely used my psp in 2 months,been camping in the desert :P

AdamRav
July 14th, 2008, 10:14
Was waiting for this to be updated#

thanks go out to the coder

phrozenfeonix
July 14th, 2008, 15:37
Could someone kindly repost on this forum? The Mediafire upload link is broken.

omracer
July 15th, 2008, 17:01
its on psp hacks.
clikc the psp hacks link on the 1st thread

zoma
July 15th, 2008, 22:22
shit!!!!
I ****t up my psp installed XMBeditor for 4.01 M33 (i have this firmware)
tried to install theme and got message missing satelitte.prx ...
restarted PSP and it got stuck, no even m33 recovery menu

please HELP !!!!!
what to do ???????

omracer
July 16th, 2008, 16:00
pandora's battery should fix this

ICE
July 16th, 2008, 17:21
Great app!!!

EDIT: The Mario visualization was made by me back in the day :D
Thats even my screen shot lol.

C007dudz
July 18th, 2008, 08:29
Will you guys be able to attached to this thread the file itself instead of hosting it to Personal Network Storage and Backup sites?

Runefox
September 21st, 2008, 04:10
A bit of feedback:

There is a bug in the way the program works, I think. I had installed it once, but never used it for anything. Then, I deleted it. Recently, I became interested in it as I'd become more comfortable with the workings of the PSP; So, I installed it again. Upon attempting to apply a theme, it gave me an error about there being a missing file in data/recovery/ and stopped partway through. With nothing working, I returned to the XMB. As expected, things didn't look right. I turned off the PSP, and then back on again - Bricked.

Here's what I believe happened:

->Initial install did a backup. That backup was deleted later when I deleted the initial install.
->Second install did not do a backup.
->XMBeditor deleted the flash0:/vsh/modules directory, expecting to replace with files from the backup/new mods/themes.
->XMBeditor then checked to see if a backup actually existed, which there wasn't.
->XMBeditor threw an error about the missing files.
->Bricked PSP

While I should have backed up my flash0 to begin with, I was under the assumption that XMBeditor was doing this. Because it didn't check for the existence of the backup files before erasing the flash0:/vsh/modules directory, I ended up having to reflash my PSP.

For future releases, I recommend doing a check before performing any changes that the required files are in the correct locations - And offer to copy them from flash0 if they aren't (with a warning that this should only be done on a stock m33 kernel). In the worst case, this should abort the flash before it begins, and in the best case continue as normal.