PDA

View Full Version : Emulate Nintendo Wii in your PC

JKKDARK
July 14th, 2008, 01:42
Dolphin was originally a Gamecube emulator for PC. But after a lot of work, the Dolphin team got Wii emulation!

For information, downloads and screens, please check the next links:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=44926

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=44928

masterchief929
July 14th, 2008, 01:50
wow.... thats insane.... that has to be a powerful PC.... way more powerful than my sorry excuse for a PC.... O_O

ICE
July 14th, 2008, 02:04
Fps?

Shadowblind
July 14th, 2008, 02:45
So how again do you play this without a sensor bar or wiimote?...

jmf145
July 14th, 2008, 03:01
I had a feeling some like this would happen since the Wii is very much like a Gamecube architecturally.

Oh and, :thumbup:

Drego
July 14th, 2008, 04:12
Bluetooth... I do it all the time already. Fun to play TF2 or HL2 with my wiimote and nunchuck.
:-P

AndrewArsonn
July 14th, 2008, 05:34
One word, Amazing.
But there's still nothing like enjoying your game on your tv while relaxing. :)

SSaxdude
July 14th, 2008, 06:21
Wow, I haven't seen anything this exciting in the scene for months. Then again I haven't been paying attention to the scene for ages.

Nintendo Maniac 64
July 14th, 2008, 08:06

I thought this was obvious; with the PC's pointing device - AKA a mouse :P

wii94
July 14th, 2008, 08:48
where i can download this emulator?

Cloudhunter
July 14th, 2008, 10:32
Currently? You play it with nothing. There is no Wiimote input support yet.

Cloudy

____anders____
July 14th, 2008, 14:44
hmm....

maybe playable in a few years...:p

GODZEROXX
July 14th, 2008, 14:53
I don't think the requirements will be too insane on it, after all there is a full speed ps2 emulator. I'm guessing you will probably need a very good core2duo or quad if they give it multi thread support. With the wii motes working on pc with blue tooth already Im sure it shouldn't be too difficult to add the wiimote support. Although Dolphin never really became completely playable.... so I have some doubts with the wii emulator lol.

Cloudhunter
July 14th, 2008, 14:59
I don't think the requirements will be too insane on it, after all there is a full speed ps2 emulator. I'm guessing you will probably need a very good core2duo or quad if they give it multi thread support. With the wii motes working on pc with blue tooth already Im sure it shouldn't be too difficult to add the wiimote support. Although Dolphin never really became completely playable.... so I have some doubts with the wii emulator lol.

This is Dolphin - and it's already got multithread :)

Cloudy