PDA

View Full Version : Dgen PSP V1.00 (Megadrive/Genesis Emu for PSP)

wraggster
October 7th, 2005, 21:10
Syn-Z (http://syn-k.sakura.ne.jp/dgen_psp/) has released a new version of one of the best emulators for the PSP, heres whats new via translation:

* The Ver0.93 -> occurs with 0.95 correction
of the bug which * When turning the PSG to OFF, is frozen correction
of the bug which * Several correction of trouble
of games * State sound becoming strange with the load correction
* When sound setting (sampling rate) changing, sound becoming strange correction
* Sound quality improvement (DAC part)
* Performance improvement

Download from Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/dgenpsp.shtml

indstr
October 7th, 2005, 21:18
1.0, eh? it better be pretty fast. i will test it out when i get home tonight and give a speed report

kyus
October 7th, 2005, 21:44
Not a great increase of speed on the last release. Still. There's cheats! :D Oh... and the ability to use the analogue as a directional controller. This is necessary for landstalker and all other isometric 3d titles. Sound still has a little way to go to reach Sougen's great emulator, but wow. Great release Syn-Z! You should combine your work with Sougen! Maybe we'll eventually see a mega-cd emu or a 32x even!

Elbereth
October 7th, 2005, 23:22
Maybe we'll eventually see a mega-cd emu or a 32x even!

That will never happen. I fear the PSP doesn't have enough power to emulate more than 1 68k at the same time, even less for a 68k and SH2.

vincesecuricor2005
October 8th, 2005, 00:28
Am i doing something wrong? it seems slower and with worse sound than PSPGenesis v0.17?

p4ch3c0
October 8th, 2005, 00:37
Just stick with PSPGenesis...

kyus
October 8th, 2005, 00:42
That will never happen. I fear the PSP doesn't have enough power to emulate more than 1 68k at the same time, even less for a 68k and SH2.

Shows what you know. I've followed the PSP scene since the beginning. PS1 emulation and perhaps some very preliminary n64 emulation (ala the emulator Corn) should be quite possible. I'm not going to turn this into a flame war. Just wait and see over the next few months exactly who is right.

And PSPGenesis is still faster with better sound. Although it doesn't have half the features DGEN provides. Did anyone even read my previous post?

vincesecuricor2005
October 8th, 2005, 00:58
i agree that the DGEN has great features was just asking cos 4 me sonic1 ran quite slow with poor sound no wars please has any1 been on the comments page 4 the new comp, jus wanted sum others views cheers

zackforbing
October 8th, 2005, 06:42
am I the only one whose PSP still says DGen v0.95?

Elbereth
October 8th, 2005, 08:33
Shows what you know. I've followed the PSP scene since the beginning. PS1 emulation and perhaps some very preliminary n64 emulation (ala the emulator Corn) should be quite possible. I'm not going to turn this into a flame war. Just wait and see over the next few months exactly who is right.

And PSPGenesis is still faster with better sound. Although it doesn't have half the features DGEN provides. Did anyone even read my previous post?

I would be quite happy don't get me wrong, but I try to be realistic: good Sega-CD emulation and 32X emulation was very difficult to reach on PC (even more than N64 and a LOT more than PS1). Combination of the 3 was even more difficult. I really think PS1 & N64 is easier to implement. Keep in mind that when you have the Genesis, Sega-CD extension & 32X extension you are talking of those CPU to emulate at once (and with correct timing):
- For the Genesis: Motorola 68000 @ 7.61 MHz
- For the Sega-CD: Motorola 68000 @ 12.5MHz
- For the 32X: Dual Hitachi SH-2 RISC Processors @ 23 MHz each

And that's without talking of the sound part.

But if I am proved wrong I will be very happy. I love the Sega-CD.
I didn't wanted to start a flame war neither, so I should have writted "difficult" instead of never.

Oh as a sidenote: I have a PSP since january and I am following everything since then, I saw what they called the PS1 emulator which runs at 1fps (feel free to correct me) and the MAME one which run very slow (but OK MAME is slow..). I am using emulation since Snes9x & Zsnes were in the early versions (like when I was happy when Secret of Mana got playable). I saw the first versions of emulators with Sega-CD or 32X support. I have good skills in programmation even if not in emulators, I do have learned systems/CPU architecture and writted some microcode for RISC. So please... try to not insult someone you don't know because he says something you don't agree with.

To be more on topic: I am happy to see Dgen with more performance, I might test it again. I first switched to PSPGenesis because of sound & performance problems.

odino
October 8th, 2005, 09:23
NEOGEO CD:
Processeur
- Motorola 68000 16bits (64k) à 12Mhz + Z80A 8bits (2k) à 4Mhz
- Mémoire - 64 Ko de RAM
- 128 Ko de mémoire vidéo

Graphismes
- 3 co-processeurs en 16 bits, chargés des animations, rotations, zooms
- 4096 couleurs simultanées parmis une palette de 65536
- Résolution de 320*240
- 320 sprites affichables avec une taille maximale de 16x512

Son
- ZILOG Z80a 8bits à 4Mhz à 15 canaux

Why the neocdpsp is fast? Because the coder is very good!!! :D

vincesecuricor2005
October 8th, 2005, 14:49
peace elbereth, im jus a noob and know little of anything of this scene

Htsangers
October 14th, 2005, 11:12
Hey, im using dgen psp ver 1.00 atm, how do you save states?