PDA

View Full Version : Bricker for DS Now :(

wraggster
October 8th, 2005, 13:10
This isnt really PSP Related but its very serious to all users of the Nintendo DS, apparently Darkfader who is a well known hacker of hardware has released a file that will brick not only your DS but the fllash card etc also.

You may say this will only affect the warez boys but this code could already be in homebrew, its rather sad to see a scene destroyed by one person.

The full story is on our Nintendo DS Sister site here --> http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/

For the moment extreme caution is going to be needed for anyone trying Homebrew on the DS - A sad day indeed-

What would you like to say or do to Darkfader and the people behind this. ?

pubjoe
October 8th, 2005, 15:34
I find it hard to believe that darkfader released this to purposely brick peoples DS.

He is always a very helpfull coder that is at the very beginning of new scenes.

I have been in contact with darkfader before once when I had a smashed screen on my GP32, he was more than helpful to me and sent me a spare he had from his own GP32 that he had "bricked".

Generally, he is an all-round nice bloke in my experience. I CAN believe that he'd make such an experimental program, but I CAN'T belive he would release it to unsuspecting users. More likely this is somebody who has got hold of the code and is scaremongering for some unknown reason.

Brakken, on the other hand, is a noise maker who allways seems to be shouting off about people and is a bit of a conspiracy freak, it goes without saying who I would trust out of the two.

wraggster
October 8th, 2005, 15:45
its confirmed as real and by darkfader by many on #dsdev

xuphorz
October 8th, 2005, 17:18
i'd say anyone who tried to make bricks out of other peoples ds or psp's are complete **** wads. they need to get a life, and a non-electronic one at that.

RedKing14CA
October 8th, 2005, 17:51
aaawww, poor DS users... atleast its not as bad as the PSP trojan, cuz i mean, you can buy a DS on ebay for like 100$, but if you brick a PSP even if you can manage to get the 300$ to buy a new one, its hard to get another 1.5... or i guess you can get 2.0 now... but its risky....

i remember when i had my DS, it was ok, but i sold it to buy my PSP.... it was OK but not as awsome as the PSP...

to all who fear this virus i would suggest selling your DS's and buying PSPs!!!

ShinSean
October 8th, 2005, 18:44
This is just a guess but, maybe darkfader got fazed by one to many DS users flapping on about not having to worry about trojans. When the PSP one was released a few days ago, I saw a DS fanboy go on about this.

Predator
October 8th, 2005, 18:45
All I have to say is WOW!! First the PSP now the DS? :mad:
I smell corporate payoffs. :confused:
Anyone else agree?
The big guys must be paying these guys to do this.
What a very sad time for homebrew.

Insane1
October 8th, 2005, 19:25
Regardless of who, I think whoever coded/released these PSP/DS "Brickers" is in serious need of a life if all they can think of doing is ruining other's electronics.

tekno5
October 8th, 2005, 21:27
brick my d$ or p$p
& i will hunt you down &
$*@g you up the @$$

echel0n
October 9th, 2005, 02:06
yeah, its not just having to buy another psp, but makeing sure to get one that has the right firmware, then if not, having to try to put the right firmware on, and THEN having to go thru all the trouble to find and put all the hBs and eMs on again, and in the right way too! it took me time not just to put the stuff on there but experimenting till i got the stuff to work right.. :-/

all of this stuff takes time, not just money. good reminder to back up everything...

aaawww, poor DS users... atleast its not as bad as the PSP trojan, cuz i mean, you can buy a DS on ebay for like 100$, but if you brick a PSP even if you can manage to get the 300$ to buy a new one, its hard to get another 1.5... or i guess you can get 2.0 now... but its risky....

i remember when i had my DS, it was ok, but i sold it to buy my PSP.... it was OK but not as awsome as the PSP...

to all who fear this virus i would suggest selling your DS's and buying PSPs!!!

Grim_Reaper
October 9th, 2005, 03:12
HisSS DAy WiLl ComE SoooOn

Heran_Bago
October 9th, 2005, 06:07
I find both the DS and PSP trojans hilarious.

Insane1
October 9th, 2005, 17:03
I find the fact they're called trojans sort of funny...I mean...they don't really fit the description of "trojan virus" I don't think...although I'm worried about both, seeing as I own a PSP AND DS......and don't have enough money for a replacment if one or the other breaks.