PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Wii MotionPlus, Nintendo's upcoming accessory for the Wiiremote

wraggster
July 14th, 2008, 17:59
http://media.nintendo.com/nintendo/bin/p1TcSFcuTcwFGHV5K2I9M_jPGQq0eO6M/c502KBfbSeXO2_Ji8pzZHo3gSH9SkICI.jpg

Nintendo's upcoming Wii MotionPlus accessory for the revolutionary Wii Remote controller again redefines game control, by more quickly and accurately reflecting motions in a 3-D space. The Wii MotionPlus accessory attaches to the end of the Wii Remote and, combined with the accelerometer and the sensor bar, allows for more comprehensive tracking of a player’s arm position and orientation, providing players with an unmatched level of precision and immersion. Every slight movement players make with their wrist or arm is rendered identically in real time on the screen, providing a true 1:1 response in their game play. The Wii MotionPlus accessory reconfirms Nintendo’s commitment to making games intuitive and accessible for everyone. Nintendo will reveal more details about the Wii MotionPlus accessory and other topics Tuesday morning at its E3 media briefing.

wiggy fuzz
July 14th, 2008, 18:12
i suppose it's compatible with previous titles?

royvedas
July 14th, 2008, 19:00
Actually it's just ridiculous that they didn't make it right the first time. Suuuure I look forward to this, but it is gonna cost me.

The bright side is that it will fix the single greatest problem with the wii.

Rebrek
July 14th, 2008, 19:26
Actually it's just ridiculous that they didn't make it right the first time. Suuuure I look forward to this, but it is gonna cost me.

This is going to fix the lack of a real hard drive and downloadable content service? Amazing.

KristenBaldousor
July 14th, 2008, 19:30

Is the way Nintendo works. Sure the Wii is cheap comparing to the rest of the consoles, but then again, everything else is sold separatly

Actually, Wii's single's greatest problem is the storage, or many of us wiifanboys make it the top priority

Well, lets see how this play. I was just wondering how the heck would the nunchuck plu to the wiimote but I just saw the plug bay at the end of this device.

Man, this mean batteries will last even less

agenericperson
July 14th, 2008, 21:36
This is disappointing. I knew the controls weren't going to be perfect when i bought it. But I didn't expect them to be so bad. Now they expect me to buy another part to an ever growing web that is a controller.

If I get this, games better use it. It better not be like most useless Nintendo accessories.

Also, the should fix the storage.

royvedas
July 14th, 2008, 22:19
I completely disagree with the storage issue. Yes it probably would be nice to be able to have more wiiware games or virtual console games on you system at the same time. But I couldn't give a flying f*** about downloadable contents for retail games - the problem with this can be seen with Xbox360 and PS3 - they sell you unfinished games and make you pay more to get the last parts.

No the Wii is primarily for Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, Mario Party and downloadable contents means absolutely nothing. But it sure pisses me off that I cannot use my Wii Wheels or nunchuks with this peripheral and of course that they didn't make it right the first time around.

pulproute
July 14th, 2008, 23:20
But it sure pisses me off that I cannot use my Wii Wheels or nunchuks with this peripheral and of course that they didn't make it right the first time around.
I think that you can use the nunchuk with these (it seems to have a plug) and the wii wheel.. Mario kart may not be the kind of game that need a better 3D motion sensing to do tricks ?

And if everyone dislike the fact that you have to buy something else to have a better motion sensing, just dont buy it ?

alienanthropologist
July 15th, 2008, 10:12
I certainly don't care about the downloadable content, nor am I hugely concerned about the storage issue.

In fact, I think this is fantastic news and I can't wait to hear more about this device. I curious to see what software will accompany it as well.

I think it's stupid when people ask why it wasn't released integrated into the wiimote when it first came out. These people forget that motion sensing technology is still in its infancy and it's still a "work in progress". I'm glad we don't have to wait unitl Wii2 to see an optimised wiimote- clearly the improvement provided by this device must be quite critical for Nintendo to release it.

Excellent news. Can't wait to hear more.

dahun
July 15th, 2008, 15:52
this makes me think. Nintendo must have a reason behind making it. a ne game that follows ur exact movement of ur hand (plz plz link) i belive theyve already made most of the uasl