PDA

View Full Version : PSP (PlayStation Portable) v4.05 Update

wraggster
July 14th, 2008, 18:01
News from the Playstation blog

I wanted to give a quick heads up to everyone that a new PSP firmware update, v4.05, will be released soon. We know that more and more of you are listening to music on your PSP, and this update will add new visualizers for music playback, among other features. Enjoy!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/13/psp-playstation-portable-v405-update/

osgeld
July 14th, 2008, 18:45
wow, this has to be the 2nd most important firmware update ever!

Tets
July 14th, 2008, 19:11
Looks like we're in for another wave of "sony sucks, they didn't put enough new features in this update to appease my high standards" posts.

Myself, I'm looking forward to it. I regularly use my PSP for listening to music, and I think new visualizers would be awesome. The last one they added was pretty dull though, to be honest.

Shrygue
July 14th, 2008, 19:34
About time Sony added more visualisations to the music player. When the next version of M33 custom firmware comes along, I'll be sure to check them out - hope they're good ones though.

dejkirkby
July 14th, 2008, 19:46
About time Sony added more visualisations to the music player. When the next version of M33 custom firmware comes along, I'll be sure to check them out - hope they're good ones though.
You can actually have the new visualisations on 4.01m33.
Flash the attached files to your flash0 and away you go.
Credits to Mr. Shizzy for showing me how!

Shrygue
July 14th, 2008, 20:10
Oh goody, 4.05 visualisations nice and early. Got to try them out sometime soon, thanks for the attachment dejkirkby.

pspmodel1001
July 14th, 2008, 20:25
From what I seen, it has one, well two new visualzers. If you have a wallpaper, it has a nice effect and if you like looking at the waves, it'll use those waves as a visualizer. This is cool to look at, I like it.:thumbup:

LAMPRO
July 14th, 2008, 20:36
seriously is that all? just visualizers?

o sony.. poor poor sony.. STEP UP!

acn010
July 14th, 2008, 21:40
to be honest.. the update is useless unless it has security updates. but I dont care, I only care if this update has a playlist feature like the ps3 and other major mp3 players THAT will be extremely usefull for me and other music lovers...

Shiesty
July 14th, 2008, 21:41
I cant experience my music fully without a nice visualization running. Thank you SONY!

jamotto
July 14th, 2008, 22:43
It has support for PLAYSTATION Store Movies and TV video service! :thumbup:

pspmodel1001
July 15th, 2008, 05:34

I have a question, can I flash this to my 3.90 m33-3. I like to know so I don't ruin my psp since I lost my Pandora.

Shrygue
July 15th, 2008, 19:14
I put them on my cfw 3.90 M33-2 PSP and it works just fine.

pspmodel1001
July 16th, 2008, 18:10
After flashing, I only have 144kb left. This is why I rarely touch flash0. Not much to play with.

flaminfox
July 17th, 2008, 05:56
4.05 features....

* Added new visualization effect under [Music].
* Added support for viewing rentals and purchased videos downloaded from the playstation store (temporarily US version only)

Slim-only features:

* Up to 8 programs may now be scheduled for record using the One-segment TV Tuner (Japanese version only)
* You may now set up a whole series of programs to record using the One-segment TV Tuner (Japanese version only)
* You may now record TV using the One-segment TV Tuner without having to also watch it (Japanese version only)

AshTR
July 17th, 2008, 22:10

These must be for Slims or something. I tried flashing the files on my fat PSP and there was no new visualizer, it actually didn't really do anything when I flashed em. Reason I figured they're for Slims is because 2 of those files weren't even found with 4.01 M33-2 on my fat at all. The resource one was however but yeah, didn't do anything.

rajat_2004
July 18th, 2008, 13:09
well 4.05 update sucks until it is cracked by Dark_Alex adding just new visualizer is not worth updating your firmware

flaminfox
July 18th, 2008, 18:09
simply the new firmware is a waste music visualizer can be easily flashed, and the fact we view rentals....please i'd rather dl a movie for free and covert lol

Wodinnu
August 4th, 2008, 16:29
Hi i need some help here.

I thought i was updating my firmware to 4.01 so that i could get DA's custom.... but now it's been upgraded to 4.05 and i don't want to go through all the hassle of downgrading.

Does anyone have any idea when the new M33 will be released?

djbrotherson
August 4th, 2008, 18:01
It has support for PLAYSTATION Store Movies and TV video service! :thumbup:

How can us Canadians get this video service?
I'm using the europe region, do I have to change it or something?
I've never used PSN, how can I take advantage of it??

jamotto
August 4th, 2008, 23:49
How can us Canadians get this video service?
I'm using the europe region, do I have to change it or something?
I've never used PSN, how can I take advantage of it??

Sony added the ability to rent and or buy movies to the PSN store. However, by what I have tried if you are using CFW you can't use the service until someone releases a patch or a new firmware that is 4.05 or higher.

ashamanmiller
August 5th, 2008, 17:13
i kno this was an old(er) post, but thx ny way! and seriously sony, could u start putting more crap in u updates?