PDA

View Full Version : downgrader virus info

skagga
October 8th, 2005, 18:03
I was just wondering if anyone has downloaded the MPH downgrader and run a virus check on it.
The reason i ask is because like most i have downgraded my 2.0 psp.
I had no problems doing it and it all seems to be ok,(have,nt tried no emu,s on it yet as it,s my daughters christmas present) but just now when i was running Norton a flash came on screen warning of a virus called something pspbrick,which norton quickly got rid of.The file was the overflow tiff in MPH, i downloaded from the MPH link on this forum.
Now as you can understand this file is what i used to put in my PHOTO folder on my psp to downgrade it,so has anyone else used the MPH prog from the link on the forum and had any problems yet.I,d be grateful if anyone knows anything about it to let me know.

xuphorz
October 8th, 2005, 18:21
photo is the only way to "run" homebrew on 2.00, so that only way it could be done
also, knowing how many plp have d/led the downgrade, i don't think theres a virus in it

skagga
October 8th, 2005, 18:31
xuphorz that,s what i would have thought, that if there was a virus enclosed in that download other members would have said before now,but that is what Norton AV said.
Also can you delete the 'tiff' from the Photo folder and all the downgrader files that are on the root of the mem stick once u have downgraded.

Right just been to the norton site nd the virus was made by pspteamx i think it said,and what it does is delete files from the psp so that yor psp will not start up and gives you a thanks your psp is ****ed sort of message from that team.
Ihope to **** i can turn on my nippers psp,i,ll try now.

Right i found out it,s not the MPH download from this site, it,s the MPHdowngrader from psp updates.
It seems that even your psp is now open to attack from scum who just want to **** peoples psp,s for fun---Faceless Wankers,Anyway mine still works so **** them.

I just downloaded the MPH downgrader from the thread on this forum again and did a scan,and it,s all ok.Seems like it,s a bad idea to download it from psp update.