PDA

View Full Version : VBA Wii Unnofficial Released - GBA Emulator for Nintendo Wii

wraggster
July 14th, 2008, 21:46
theinternetftw (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34983&postcount=115) has released an unnoficial update to the GBA Emulator for Nintendo Wii

Heres whats new:

Hey guys, I got fed up with the intermittent video mode problems I was having and updated the code to take advantage of the latest version of devkitpro, which fixed it. Should help all those out there with component cables, etc. Hope this fixes things for those having problems on the PAL side of things too, I couldn't test for that.

I also added classic controller analog stick support, and you can insert the classic controller at any time now, even after you've started the emulator.

I may end up adding other stuff (may being the operative word, because I have very little programming experience). "other stuff" would probably include fixing having to press the save button in the in-game menu, adding Save states, letting you select a new rom without having to quit, maybe even adding a proper gui. Hope this release comes in handy.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

Mini Moose
July 14th, 2008, 22:42
letting you select a new rom without having to quit,

Please do include this feature soon, please. [;

rememberthe8bit
July 15th, 2008, 01:25
*waits for VBA to be full speed, full framerate*

agenericperson
July 15th, 2008, 01:39
I would like zip support (GBA games take up a lot of space (that and I would have no reason to use RIN anymore)) and reloading the rom without having to restart. Good release though. I'm going to go fire it up right now.

eatnooM
July 15th, 2008, 01:44
Good stuff, perhaps I'll have a well-overdue replay of Golden Sun tomorrow from the comfort of my couch (and without sodding lighting concerns).

@rememberthe8bit: Enjoy your wait, it's not officially continued by the original porter and this chap is working on the feature side of things.