View Full Version : PSP renamer 1.0

wraggster
October 8th, 2005, 22:03
SmileyPyramid has released a new PSP Renamer app, heres the info:

PSP renamer 1.0 (for PSP 1.50)
===============

Summary
-------
This is an app i did for myself because i got a 1.50 psp and don't want to see corrupted icons when choosing an application in the "games" section. The best way to use it is to put the exe in X:\psp\game folder (if X=psp drive letter) and then run it from windows...

do that after you added some new homebrew app and that's it :). No useless installer needed, no gui, just an exe that runs directly and does the job.

How it works?
-------------
Basically it checks the current directory for folders like xxx and xxx%,
when it finds them, it renames them to "xxx _" and xxx_~1%. Take care if the original folder name has more than 5 characters like abcdef it'll be trimmed down to 5; in case of conflict like you have ABCDE1/ABCDE1% and ABCDE2/ABCDE2%, then only ABCDE1/ABCDE1% will be renamed, the program never deletes nor overwrites anything :)

Advanced
--------
If you want to keep the exe in another directory like c:\programs, then run the exe with a parameter specifying the working directory, for example make a bat containing: renamer.exe F:\psp\game
(without \ after game) and use that bat.]

Download via the comments

jimjamjahaa
October 8th, 2005, 23:53
very rice

my mate will be pleased. he's always banging on about how untidy they are.

not really related to anything but i must say wraggs, you have a brilliant site here. frequently updated it keeps me in the know without trauling the web :) kudos

wow, that proggy is a real gem! it totally gets rid of them from the list

ClintiePoo
October 8th, 2005, 23:54
Great app. It helps a lot. Thank you.

Mew
October 9th, 2005, 00:00
GREAT wraggster!
I really enjoy your app!
You're the best! :)

xuphorz
October 9th, 2005, 00:09
SmileyPyramid made this, not wraggster

echel0n
October 9th, 2005, 02:11
what a great idea! i'd like to try it, except im nervous because I read somewhere that hiding the corrupt folders by renaming makes some HBs and EMs not work..is that true?

PSP_Newbie
October 9th, 2005, 03:22
yeah, but not for the most part anymore. the fact is; if the coder made the HB to run from a specific folder name, or look for files needed to run it in a specific folder name, then it will not work. however, most of the ones made more recently are coded to be able to be named anything you want, so its completely safe. if 1 doesnt work afterwards, you can always change it back

otoman
June 6th, 2015, 12:51
SmileyPyramid thank you very much ;)