PDA

View Full Version : WiiMU v1 Released

wraggster
July 15th, 2008, 01:09
News/release from SquidMan (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/WiiMU)

WiiMU is a PoC "Channel Launcher" app for the Wii. It eventually aims to completely replace the System Menu in functionality. At the moment it is quite far from that goal, but it does have a start. It currently:

Lists all installed Channels. (Does not include those with only a ticket)
Allows selection of the Channel to load.
Allows return to loader.
Allows return to real System Menu.
Please note that at the moment it DOES NOT REPLACE ANY SYSTEM FILES! It may eventually get to that point, but currently it is far from it.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

gamesquest1
July 15th, 2008, 01:18
so do the creators plan to allow booting channels off SD card in future releases maybe :D i hope so

Jay_PaRaDoX
July 15th, 2008, 06:15
so do the creators plan to allow booting channels off SD card in future releases maybe :D i hope so

That wont be posible(in a near future), since the code used to launch channels(technically named "titles") are using this IOS function: IOS_IoctlvReboot(__es_fd,IOCTL_ES_LAUNCH,2,0,vecto rs);

The "vectors" contains the titleID, views and other data needed to launch the "channel".

In order to launch from a SD card, we need a modified IOS that loads from "fat:/" and not from the NAND FS.

TVarmy
July 15th, 2008, 16:28
So, could one format an SD card with the NAND file system and get the IOS to boot channels from that? Or is that pretty much impossible?

Jay_PaRaDoX
July 15th, 2008, 17:58
So, could one format an SD card with the NAND file system and get the IOS to boot channels from that? Or is that pretty much impossible?

¿?

KuLeD00d
July 16th, 2008, 08:37
¿?
I believe he means, if he was to format his FAT device then copy the entire of the nand onto his FAT device. Would you be able to simply hex the path from

NANDFS:/titles/
to
FAT:/titles/

?