PDA

View Full Version : Guitarfun 2.8

wraggster
July 15th, 2008, 01:14
via wiibrew (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Guitarfun)

Hermes (http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_juego-guitarfun-2-6-para-wii_1052906) has released Guitar Fun for the Wii, heres the translated info:

Good.

After a while playing with sound and graphics of the Wii (as some already know), I have taken the initiative to carry my famous program Guitarfun PC to Wii, adding some extra things, such as a MOD who played in the menu or support for the Rumble when some failures note.

The program can be controlled from two PC USB keyboards, from two Guitars (Guitar Hero 3) or from two Wiimote (with or without Nunchuck) or any combination thereof. You can use a PS2 Guitar through adapter commanded by GC (if encountered some problems with yours, send an MP to fix)

I have added some support autodetection to know who is in active command, the priority being the first player to Guitars, etc. (can also be manually select from a menu "Input Options")

Finally, as you have a nice PDF, I shall be brief here: just say that if usais a keyboard, the thing is the same as driving Frets On Fire Guitarfun or PC. With the guitar thing is done and if you have a Wiimote, it is best to connect the Nunchuck
and select things with the cursor up / down and using A to enter the menus and B to exit (in the game to play, it would be
Z, C, A, B + for Green, Red, Yellow, Orange and Blue, without golpeador)

The SD meteis folder 'guitarfun' package (with all its contents) in the root directory. This reader uses the DS's internal Wii.

Inside the folder 'song' you must add folders with songs in 'Frets on Fire'. You can customize the list of songs formed packs (see the PDF). You can also customize the masts and bitmap background. Again, look at the PDF

Incidentally, this is a beta that I've only tested, so we hang here for the probeis that what you and I conteis that this is going. The source, the public where appropriate under GPL v3. .

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

vicious1988
July 15th, 2008, 02:18
Dammit, I'd like to know what's been updated.

1NOOB
July 15th, 2008, 04:04
ChangeLog:
V2.8:
- Fixed some minor bugs, added some extra optimization. Source Code identity (for better readability [+ laughter])
- Added 2 new scenarios and new musicians (thanks to figu3 for his contribution), giving rise to 6 different combinations
- It has added a new feature to pause the thread of Modplayer in sndlib (next release), because it was there eating resources to implement a silence [laughter]
- Have been organized graphics allow the game to add graphics more easily. Now is charged as a 32-bit textures to preserve the original quality and the graphics arena have been grouped into files guitar_anim.spf and scenario.spf.
- We have changed some other things in the operation, as some adjustments in the front entrance.
- Full source code published. Added a new tool to convert binary files to.

found this somewhere else

TechRat
July 15th, 2008, 04:04
I just tried it. Here are a few things I noticed:

- Start up is a lot faster. You get to the main menu in about half the time it took before.

- There are different "venues" that you cycle through as you play, with different graphics for the stage, score, and rock meter.

- Controller response seems to be better. I'm using a PS2 guitar with a PS2->GC adapter.

- Notes seem to sync better with the music now.

Overall it's much better than the previous version. I'd recommend it.:thumbup:

jp_zer0
July 15th, 2008, 11:37
Custom songs are nice but the game isn't even near GH's song mechanics.

Really nice otherwise, recognized my wireless GH3 controller instantly.

kongsnutz
July 15th, 2008, 13:10
could someone tel me how to add more songs i cant find any

TechRat
July 15th, 2008, 13:45
could someone tel me how to add more songs i cant find any

This site has everything you'd ever need to know about Frets On Fire, which is what GuitarFun is based on:

http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/

Check out their song database. There are literally hundreds of songs available.

Once you download them you need to put them in the \guitarfun\songs directory on your SD card. You can also create song "packs". Instructions for this are in the GuitarFun pdf manual (which comes with the game).

mrsidnet
July 26th, 2008, 10:09
How are you guys booting this app? I'm trying with the HomeBrew Channel, but I can't find it on there. I tried copying everything to the root SD card, and to the Apps folder...no good either way.
Everything else shows up on the HBC...
Thanks

slayerdemon555
July 26th, 2008, 13:45
i also cant find it on the homebrew channel
help??

1NOOB
July 26th, 2008, 13:57
How are you guys booting this app? I'm trying with the HomeBrew Channel, but I can't find it on there. I tried copying everything to the root SD card, and to the Apps folder...no good either way.
Everything else shows up on the HBC...
Thanks

rename guitarfun.dol to boot.dol

mrsidnet
July 26th, 2008, 17:29
Thanks for the tip 1NOOB.
However there was more to it than that.
ROOT/guitarfun contained just what was in the folder in the archive
ROOT/apps/guitarfun contained everything else that was in the archive. I renamed guitarfun.dol to boot.dol, then copied and pasted an icon.PNG and meta.xml file from another piece of software (I used quake) into the apps/guitarfun folder. You might want to edit the meta.xml file and rename xxxx to Guitar Fun. There are 14 files contained within apps/guitarfun.

Hope that helps anyone else in need.
~rock on

Ubigo
August 27th, 2008, 16:21
I only have four files in that folder? Where did you get the others, could you post them?