PDA

View Full Version : Rollercoaster Tycoon PSP

Bus1nessboy
October 9th, 2005, 01:57
Alright guys If any coders want to make some extra cash for a job well done, name a price. I would gladly pay for a rollercoaster tycoon port to the PSP( if it can be done.

P.S. I would also settle for a Starcraft port, but like I said I will Pay you Just name a Price( hopefully one thats not to steep.)

And guys please help me out here :o

xuphorz
October 9th, 2005, 02:15
hopefully some real game makers will note this, and port them. if it were to be a download, it's be at least 200mb each.

that;s too big, so a UMD would be nicer :)

Gnoccir
October 9th, 2005, 07:44
I'd give my right nut for starcraft on psp

sirbrianx
May 22nd, 2006, 06:27
i would love to see roller coaster tycoon on the psp. that would be the greatest thing for me ever.

Wally
May 22nd, 2006, 06:46
starcraft is already being made..

jeffreythebfg
June 23rd, 2008, 00:53
If anyone cares I am trying to create a roller coaster tycoon look alike for the PC and PSP.:thumbup: I need some help though:rolleyes:. Go to https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=5048109
for more info on the help. Post any ideas here for the PSP edition. Or on the main theme park tycoon forums.:cool:

kevintrooper
July 17th, 2008, 23:23
I could Design... BUT, who is going to program?

Sudzi
August 18th, 2008, 19:46
so what is the progress of that game

i can upload RCT1 install or instaled game

(sory for my bad english :D )

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sudzi
August 28th, 2008, 19:59
pls tell me something about that project please

:( :( :( :( :( :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sudzi
September 3rd, 2008, 16:36
hhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllloooooooooooo

please i want only answer what is the progress of that game

:confused: :( :( :( :( :( :confused:

:mad:

JLF65
September 3rd, 2008, 22:36
Why don't you go check the project's sourceforge page instead of bumping this thread.

jeffreythebfg
April 4th, 2009, 04:58
Some sort of progress has been made to this game. right now this project is in the pre-alpha stage. ill let everyone know when this hits the alpha stage. remember to look at my source forge project called theme park tycoon to see the recent news.

gaia darkness
April 4th, 2009, 06:05
hopefully some real game makers will note this, and port them. if it were to be a download, it's be at least 200mb each.

that;s too big, so a UMD would be nicer :)

its not too big if you have a 2gb or 4gb or up memory stick also if you could put it in a rar format it would clear a lil space up as well

Jinx1337
October 11th, 2009, 12:58
I'm eagerly checking the source***e every week!

All the best jeffrey!

AdamLiuu
July 10th, 2010, 04:51
pls tell me something about that project please

:( :( :( :( :( :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

well, i think i've got the same question.
:(:(:(

jeffreythebfg
February 7th, 2011, 17:40
Sorry about the delay I was a high school student when i first took on the project and with the complexity of it and school i had to drop the project but now that i am out of high school and got a working PSP, (my first one died when i was replacing the sound jack, the back-light connector got broken apart,) i can now tackle the project. I will try to make it be a close port, IDK maybe ill do a look alike and feel alike but make them different. So the project is still on.

wraggster
February 7th, 2011, 18:59
you do know that a port of this to PSP and indeed any of the homebrew suporting consoles would be mega news :)

i love roller coaster tycoon

jeffreythebfg
August 15th, 2012, 07:21
(as copied and edited for this fourm from my project page)
Sorry to everyone wanting for this port... in another project that i wanted to port to the psp i come to learn a few things. here is the quick version
1: the psp wether it is the phat or slim version to the psp sdk that is available for people like me memory is limited to 22.4mb for everything including gpu memory so that right there makes things a little more tricky
2: due to the fact that the gpu isnt well documented by sony the gpu library is lacking where it needs to be strong.
3: if you havent looked at the specs for the console you might not know that it doesnt have a memory manager. so that means that the memory has to be structured in code and that is not an easy task.

so there thats the quick version on what i have learned.

and then there is this fact too "due to the fact that the original game was written in assembly, it was running as fast as it could... i cant get code that optimized so it would be slower"

So until i figure out work arounds.... the project is Dead. sorry again. Happy gaming!
also if you are interested in simpsons it and run for the android i have that project going now too so look at that project.