PDA

View Full Version : c64PSP v0.2 (Commodore 64 emulator for PSP)

wraggster
October 9th, 2005, 11:06
Urchin (http://urch.in/c64psp) has released a new version of his excellent Commodore 64 emulator for the PSP, heres what he posted was new:

c64psp features full c64 emulation, including sound. New features include:

Analog stick support
t64 and d64 image file support
Virtual keyboard for text entry

Many thanks to Magicruss and Nige for hammering preliminary versions.

Download from the official homepage or here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/c64psp.shtml

Discuss this great release at the official C64psp forum topic here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11364

melime
October 9th, 2005, 12:01
Thanks urchin for the great file selector and emu :D :D :D

Amiga
October 9th, 2005, 12:07
It just goes blank screen and the ms light stays on they turns its self off :(

Amiga
October 9th, 2005, 12:10
just sussed it out :D great :D

Chuckman
October 9th, 2005, 12:15
Now THIS was the surprise Wraggster should of been talking about!

Thanks Urchin, it's great! :cool:

ultros
October 9th, 2005, 12:35
holy shit!
this is great. i definately know what i do on this sunday afternoon.

thanks a lot!

AlzoXP
October 9th, 2005, 17:49
can someone help me I can get every other emu to work apart from this one.

I have followed the instructions but still no cigar it just returns the "80020130" error. I have 1.50 firmware.

Please can someone help as this is the one i really wanna get workin...

urchin
October 9th, 2005, 18:36
I (and one of the beta testers) have had this in the past. I deleted c64psp completely and downloaded a new copy. Also, make sure you eject the drive properly, rather than just unplugging USB.

ataribob
October 9th, 2005, 19:45
PSPVICE has better save support and full screen

c64PSP v0.2
Has sound and no way to change screen or save game.

I'll stick with PSPvice for now unless we get better instruction on saving and screen size.

Amiga
October 9th, 2005, 20:35
re ataribob

sound is better than screen size but its now a race who can do what first :)

i do like the moveable transparent keyboard on c64psp v0.2 :D

DrSarcasmo
October 9th, 2005, 21:47
Urchin, thank you for your hard work on getting this running... :) It's damn good to play Jumpman again w/ sound. The disk selector and the virtual keyboard work great. Ahhhh, the memories...LOL

A Greatful DrSarcasmo

Revilo
October 9th, 2005, 23:13
can someone help me I can get every other emu to work apart from this one.

I have followed the instructions but still no cigar it just returns the "80020130" error. I have 1.50 firmware.

Please can someone help as this is the one i really wanna get workin...

I have exact the same problem on my psp (European, downgraded to 1.50 firmware). Reload and reinstall didn't work for me, still the same error. :confused:

urchin
October 9th, 2005, 23:43
This is a tricky one. All I can suggest is that you erase any existing c64psp directories completely, empty your recycle bin/wastebasket, download the zip file again from the website, copy the directories across to the PSP and then eject the PSP safely using explorer (right click on the PSP in explorer and select "eject" from the popup menu, so as not to corrupt the files you have just copied)

I've had the same problem myself, but following the above steps cured it.

Revilo
October 10th, 2005, 00:14
I use a card reader/writer, maybe this is the problem?

urchin
October 10th, 2005, 07:28
Well it certainly adds another variable into the equation. Did you right click on the drive and select "eject" or did you just pull the card out?

Revilo
October 10th, 2005, 08:09
Well it certainly adds another variable into the equation. Did you right click on the drive and select "eject" or did you just pull the card out?

I selected "eject" (I always do). I reloaded your emu for three or four times now and reinstalled it as you described above, but still no luck. :(

But I recognized one more strange thing: In the downloaded zip file are the two folders c64psp_________________1 and c64psp% but there are two 0 byte files with the same names also. When I unzip the file to a folder these two 0 byte files are gone. Is this working as intended?

Mr.Modem
October 10th, 2005, 15:57
Thanks for the update Urchin!

urchin
December 23rd, 2005, 19:32
As there is a brand new shiny xmas version of c64psp out, I'm closing this thread to keep all the conversation in one place in the c64psp v0.3 thread (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15785)