PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo "still not satisfied" by sales

Shrygue
July 15th, 2008, 19:19
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=183173)

Nintendo of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime is "still not satisfied" with the sales performance of Wii and DS.

He told press at the Nintendo E3 conference there were still "tens of millions" of people to attract, and that he expects the DS will break 100 million worldwide sales before next March.

Currently the Wii has sold over 10 million units and the DS over 20 million units in the US, according to NPD data.

Between them they have combined to fetch more than USD 5 billion in hardware revenue, we were told.

This, Fils-Aime admitted, was better than 2007 when he was "not close to being satisfied".

Nintendo pointed to Pokemon with 180 million game sales around the world as helping it reach its targets, as well as freshly unveiled titles like Animal Crossing: City Folk, Wii Sports Resort, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown, and more.

Fils-Aime also whipped out some impressive graphs that showed the Wii and DS as the fastest selling hardware of recent times - even more so than the PS2.

JKKDARK
July 15th, 2008, 19:32
Maybe they need a new model of the Nintendo DS. Probably million of people will buy it again.

whYeNQue
July 15th, 2008, 19:48
we are not satisfied by their E3 presentation.
AC:CF with WiiSpeak was nice... but not for me...
Wii Sports Resort with WiiMotion Plus will sell millions with the casual audience
GTA DS is new, but no details.
Wii Music seems terrible... urgh.

AndrewArsonn
July 15th, 2008, 22:13
I thought wii music's drumming was neat but I don't plan on buying.

Shadowblind
July 15th, 2008, 22:31
I haven't seen the Ninty E3 yet, but it sounds like a real disapointment.

AndrewArsonn
July 15th, 2008, 22:38
Well, they are gonna have online animal crossing it also has wii speak, and you can make your character turn into your mii. But that's about it, and gta for the ds but I guess I'll wait to see how that turns out.

fg-54
July 16th, 2008, 05:09
well, it was a disapointment to me (reggie) "and we also have some stuff for us veteran gamers"......riiiiiight.......what was it again? maybe it was the frisby throwing game, or maybe it was the water skeeing game, that is very hard core! wii music has 50 instruments which is cool....but it seems that even THEY couldn't get it together for the mario song, it was very off beat, and it also seems to not have any dephth to it at all, now corect me if i am wrong, but from my understanding, you just press buttons at any desiered timing, and it will automatically play the right notes for you meaning that I could play a whole song by just pressing one button over and over again at the correct timing. the only thing that exites me is the sword fighting game on wii sports, which I REALLY hope they don't ruin cuz it looks cool, I WOULD say that gta: chinatown wars was the only hard core game at their conference, but the announcment came alone, no screens, footage, or details, so for all we know, it could be a minigame game.

animal crossing looked okay, only a few new features, and they are ones that should have been added LONG ago. I am VERY dissapointed with nintendo at this point, it looks like my wii will be collecting dust for a while, it also surprized me that they didn't talk about wii-ware at all, it must not be doing very well, I thought it was, I mean, I have bought quite a few wii-ware games myself and have not been dissapointed at all with most of them and WAS hoping for some more goodness, but oh well.