PDA

View Full Version : DS to get Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown

Shrygue
July 15th, 2008, 19:23
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=183022)

Nintendo has whipped the wrappers of an exclusive Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown game for DS.

It's due out this Christmas and will be set in "a modern day Liberty City", according to Nintendo US sales woman Carrie Dunaway.

Chinatown will also use a custom game engine, have new characters plus "the same free-ranging gameplay that GTA fans have come to expect".

Check back soon for more from E3 on Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown.

JKKDARK
July 15th, 2008, 19:29
Amazing news! THE Nintendo DS needed a mature and popular game like this one. Glad to see a game from this franchise is coming :)

Harshboy
July 15th, 2008, 19:52
It better be 3D, the old 2D ones sucked.

iceman100
July 15th, 2008, 21:06
To some i guess this is now hardcore lol

wraggster
July 15th, 2008, 21:13
lets hope they release a killer 3d port

K1ckass
July 15th, 2008, 23:24
Oh yeah, that's what I wanna hear! :thumbup:
It indeed better be 3d, kinda tired of all those top-view 2d GTAs.
Top-view 2D indeed was fun... like 10 years ago. :p

spinal_cord
July 15th, 2008, 23:57
i only liked the first one, BETTER BE 2D!!!

K1ckass
July 16th, 2008, 00:58
Found some more info @ DS-Scene:

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the Nintendo DS™

The newest entry in the Grand Theft Auto series for Nintendo's handheld system this winter

NEW YORK—(BUSINESS WIRE)—Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. Developed by Rockstar Leeds in conjunction with series creators Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars will be available on the Nintendo DS™ in North America and Europe this winter.

"This is a game that will deliver a rich, fast-paced and intense 'Grand Theft Auto' experience that will be truly unique to Nintendo's handheld platform," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "Rockstar Leeds, along with the team at Rockstar North, has built upon a decade of progressive design on Grand Theft Auto, and has created something fundamentally fresh and immersive."

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is an entirely original entry into the critically acclaimed Grand Theft Auto series, and brings a new level of interactivity to its sprawling open environments. With the use of the DS touch screen, players will navigate their way through the streets as they uncover the truth behind an epic tale of crime and corruption within the Triad crime syndicate, delivering the unprecedented amount of depth that has become a true trademark of the franchise.

For more information about Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, visit: http://www.rockstargames.com/chinatownwars
Also checked out the official Chinatown Wars webpage and it seems this game is going to support Wi-Fi WOOOH! :thumbup:

AuroraKnight
July 16th, 2008, 11:28
I'm cheerin for 3D. Personally the only GTA I really liked was GTA 3, not counting GTA 4 cuz I never played that one. So I'm hoping for 3D but I'm assuming it's going to be 2D just because it's the DS and they usually don't go out of their way to add all the features we want <_>

Spidery_Yoda
July 16th, 2008, 11:34
I don't want a 3D one. The DS won't be able to handle a proper 3D GTA game, no way.

The 2D ones were a lot of fun.

Anyway that announcement saying ituses the touch screen to move pretty much says its not proper 3D, if its 3D at all.

Accordion
July 16th, 2008, 12:36
Anyone else thinking this could be similar to Hotel Dusk

_X_Zero
July 16th, 2008, 19:02
i dont really care if its 2-d or 3-d or even (lol) 4-D...
As long as the gameplay is Good I'd be happy