PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo shows Wii Sports sequel

Shrygue
July 15th, 2008, 20:23
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=183067)

Reggie Fils-Aime has excitably revealed the sequel to Wii Sports.

Dubbed Wii Sports Resort, it will be "literally a day at the beach", we're told. That means throwing frisbees for your dog to catch, sword fighting (yes that is a beach sport) and jetskiing.

Central to it all was the newly unveiled MotionPlus Wiimote accessory. This adds another layer of precision to the motion sensing capabilities of the console, and was very impressive in action.

"Wii MotionPlus represents a much broader opportunity," said Fils-Aime, explaining that the new one-to-one responsiveness will "certainly take you deeper than ever before".

And that was just a "small taste" of Wii Sports Resort, apparently. Perhaps we will see more of it at E3 later this week.

JKKDARK
July 15th, 2008, 20:58
Another Wii Sports? mm I don't think it will sell very well.

agenericperson
July 15th, 2008, 21:22
It might if it has the MotionPlus. I sure hope games use it...

____anders____
July 15th, 2008, 22:04
may be a little fun, but only for a week or so, like wii sports was..

whYeNQue
July 15th, 2008, 23:23
Another Wii Sports? mm I don't think it will sell very well.

is that a joke. the casual audience loves wii sports... they will eat up this one just cos of the name. i see at least 3 million flying off the shelves... and cos it will be packaged with the wiimotion plus.

dahun
July 16th, 2008, 03:50
this better not be wat mario n zelda teems are makin

TVarmy
July 16th, 2008, 05:34
I'll buy it if it's the only way to get the motion sensor at a reasonable price and big games end up using it. Otherwise, I think I'll hold off on it like most other gimmicks from Nintendo (with the exception of the Wii itself and Wii Fit).

Out of curiousity, what do people on this forum think of the chances of this becoming the new standard Wiimote like the case was with the Dualshock on the Playstation? Or will it just be like that wireless adapter for the GBA that only a few Pokemon games used?

agenericperson
July 16th, 2008, 18:23
I just heard it's going to be $50. I sure hope that's not true. I liked WiiSports, but it wasn't $50 good. Not even if it comes with Wii MotionPlus. Maybe the sequel has online play or something.

If I get it, games better use it. So far Nintendo peripherals have a very bad track record.

JKKDARK
July 16th, 2008, 19:12
is that a joke. the casual audience loves wii sports... they will eat up this one just cos of the name. i see at least 3 million flying off the shelves... and cos it will be packaged with the wiimotion plus.

Well who knows, maybe because it was free..