PDA

View Full Version : MGS4 on 360: 'It's inevitable,' says highly-placed source

wraggster
July 15th, 2008, 20:59
Following last night's shock news that Final Fantasy XIII will release on Xbox 360, VG247 has been told be a very senior UK industry source that an 360 version of Metal Gear Solid 4 is "inevitable".

"There's only MGS left now: for a few months at least," said the mole. "It's inevitable. Konami knows how many million they'd sell in the US alone. If FFXIII can make it to 360 when Sony owns nine percent of Square, Metal Gear's a slam dunk."

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/07/15/mgs4-on-360-its-inevitable-says-highly-placed-source/

JKKDARK
July 15th, 2008, 21:09
Oh I hope it will be released on Xbox 360, a great game :D

royvedas
July 15th, 2008, 21:37
I would love for this to happen, but I don't think it will. I don't know how much space it takes, but if it will be a multidisc release I'd probably rather buy a ps3 and the game. Disc changing pisses me off in this day and age.

But to think of playing the game with a superior gamepad on my favorite console... ahhh

Shadowblind
July 15th, 2008, 21:52
What I was thinking. Thing is, if this happens Sony will be in a bind, and to be honest, I really don't want Sony to die. So I guess this would be cool, but... :(

Eviltaco64
July 15th, 2008, 21:59
Yeah, I like Sony too much for them to get ****ed over by Microsoft.

pibs
July 16th, 2008, 05:55
Without competition it will become a gaming monopoly. Well it already is thanks to EA but probably worse.

rageteam1000
July 16th, 2008, 06:36
ditto.

Futaba
July 16th, 2008, 08:33
Its oblivios what SONY don't die from that. SONY isn't only ps3. PS2 will be well selling product for a long time. And as an option a ps4 in near future). SONY isn't only games after all)

Eviltaco64
July 16th, 2008, 12:49
Without competition it will become a gaming monopoly. Well it already is thanks to EA but probably worse.

I agree.
And if Sony does eventually fail (you never know, 360's only sold about 5 million more than PS3), Im definitely going Nintendo, who's currently kicking everone's asses.

Shadowblind
July 16th, 2008, 12:50
Its oblivios what SONY don't die from that. SONY isn't only ps3. PS2 will be well selling product for a long time. And as an option a ps4 in near future). SONY isn't only games after all)

Well then by all means, make the MGS4 game for 360. I just don't want Sony to get screwed by this.

jonezybaby
July 16th, 2008, 13:25
think of it this way, if 360 get it they might not get MSO, if they do it might be on another disk or u may have 2 buy it separatly? end of the end i think if sumthing is exclusive to a console it shouldnt go on others, GTA made famous on PS now on 360, MGS made famous on PS might be on 360, Final fantasy made famous on PS now on 360, **** it, We want halo 1,2 and 3 on PS3!!! see how microsoft and microsoft fanboys like that!

Darksaviour69
July 16th, 2008, 13:36
Final fantasy made famous on PS now

err, Final Fantasy was on Nintendo consoles first.

Ultimately all companies are worried about the bottom line, money. Whatever option brings the most money with the least cost, be it exclusive or multi platform, that's what the publishers are going to do.

DPyro
July 16th, 2008, 16:55
Final Fantasy wasn't made hugely popular until it went PS.

Shadowblind
July 16th, 2008, 16:58
think of it this way, if 360 get it they might not get MSO, if they do it might be on another disk or u may have 2 buy it separatly? end of the end i think if sumthing is exclusive to a console it shouldnt go on others, GTA made famous on PS now on 360, MGS made famous on PS might be on 360, Final fantasy made famous on PS now on 360, **** it, We want halo 1,2 and 3 on PS3!!! see how microsoft and microsoft fanboys like that!

None of which are 1st party games.

Go ahead, have Bioshock and Mass Effect. If you want Halo, give us God of War, Resistance, and Killzone and other Sony 1st party games. Be my guest. Bioshcok got famous on Xbox. Mass Effect, Xbox. PS3 owners already have Bioshock too. Quit complaining.

Theres a reason FFXIII went 360. Now think of it this way.

JKKDARK
July 16th, 2008, 19:15
Final Fantasy wasn't made hugely popular until it went PS.

It was probably the most popular franchise on NES/SNES which wasn't made by Nintendo

Eviltaco64
July 16th, 2008, 20:12
Yeah, I have to agree with JKKDARK.
Final Fantasy III/VI did very well on Super Nintendo.
Chrono Trigger kicked ass as well.