PDA

View Full Version : USB Fake Plugin - Released by Dark_AleX

DarthPaul
July 15th, 2008, 22:43
PSP coder Dark_AleX, the man behind the famous custom firmwares and the Team M33, just released a new plugin for PSP Custom Firmware.

What does it do?

This is a plugin to fake the version that the PSP reports via USB to the PC and/or PS3. It's been made mainly to avoid the PlayStationNetwork downloader complain about firmware version.

Instructions:

- Copy the folder seplugins to the root
- Activate the plugin in the Recovery Menu.
- The plugin will fake the version to the one contained in seplugins/usbversion.txt, which
by default is set to 4.05, but you can set it to other version.

Why would I want to fake the USB version?

Well, the PSN Store has been updated to only work on firmware 4.05, and Dark_AleX won't release a Custom Firmware 4.05, because they just added a new Music Visualizer, and it can be flash to 4.01 easily.

Download And Give Feedback via Comments!

jamotto
July 16th, 2008, 03:05
Works great.

trafony
July 16th, 2008, 03:13
Is this going to work with the new video download service? They said there was an update in 4.05 that enables that. Unless it's just BS and they want people to switch to 4.05.

jxx2005
July 16th, 2008, 04:32
its like the when the 3.95 i'm guessing
you didnt need to update to get the new internet radios, but they came out WITH that update

andwhyisit
July 16th, 2008, 13:36
its like the when the 3.95 i'm guessing
you didnt need to update to get the new internet radios, but they came out WITH that update
The updates to pops were very much worth it.

Dembonz
July 17th, 2008, 00:49
Thought I'd give it a shot with 3.90M33-3 but no luck. Ah well. Guess I may need to update CFW soon.

So does popsloader and MSFAT (fast 3.71 mem card driver) work with 4.xxM33?
I dunno if I want to as everything is working so well...:confused:

jamotto
July 17th, 2008, 05:30
All this does is fool the PlayStation Network Downloader into thinking your PSP is running firmware 4.05. It works fine on my 3.71 m33.

-HAZE-
July 17th, 2008, 06:21
I'm trying to copy video that I purchased in the Playstation Store to my PSP with M33 4.01 using USB Fake and I get an error code 80023687.

Has anyone had this issue? Has anyone been able to copy purchased videos using the USB fake?

Dembonz
July 17th, 2008, 07:20
I'm trying to copy video that I purchased in the Playstation Store to my PSP with M33 4.01 using USB Fake and I get an error code 80023687.

That's my problem too. Sucks. I need ATHF togo...

It connects so it works, but videos won't transfer.

Seker
July 17th, 2008, 14:26
Naice!

-HAZE-
July 17th, 2008, 21:49
That's my problem too. Sucks. I need ATHF togo...

It connects so it works, but videos won't transfer.

Are you getting the same error code? I can transfer music and other videos fine, just not the stuff I bought.

jamotto
July 18th, 2008, 04:59
I suspect you guys are going to have to wait until Dark Alex patches his firmware or some one else finds a work around, or you can upgrade to OFW and loose homebrew.I suspect you guys are going to have to wait until Dark Alex patches his firmware or some one else finds a work around, or you can upgrade to OFW and loose homebrew.

Dembonz
July 19th, 2008, 02:24
Are you getting the same error code? I can transfer music and other videos fine, just not the stuff I bought.

Yes I can't copy the PS store videos I bought. It's the same error code. I can deal with it until DAX comes up with another CFW, I guess :)

-HAZE-
July 21st, 2008, 20:21
Yes I can't copy the PS store videos I bought. It's the same error code. I can deal with it until DAX comes up with another CFW, I guess :)

Has anyone else been able to get it to work with the new video service?