PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros Rumble (DS)

wraggster
July 15th, 2008, 23:54
Fuzzy (http://ssbrumble.blogspot.com/) has posted a new release of his Super Smash Bros Rumble game for the DS:

i've got something you might want ;)
have a look: It's the 3rd Demo !!
(Now on rapidshare)
Yeah! it's out! but...has got some bugs :/
Anyway..

What is new?
-Some music titles
-A start of an options submenu to set the cam following you or positioning in the middle of al characters. (not final graphics, i'd better say that^^)
-Victory theme
-Battletime can be set over 5 min (if musicbugs appear i'm sorry)
-Air dodging with L and R in the air
-CPU level is set to 9 when selected ( to prevent people saying the ai is too weak ;P )
-two new stages (Onett and Yoshi's Island)
-Luigi, playable and as cpu

--------------------

Luigis attacks:
X/Y/UP => Jump
Down => cowering
2X Down => dropping through small grounds
up+B => superjump / Firejump
up+A => Head smash
down+A => ground smash
A(in the air) => airkick
A => simple smashing
down+B => spinning
A+Left/Right => this rocket attack
L/R (in the air) => Dodging
L/R/ (on the ground) => shield

think thats it..

--------------------

known bugs:
-music starts playing different tracks after one is finished.
-spinning an opponent next to a wall trhows the hit one through the wall.
-some collision errors (especially with Luigi on Yoshi's Island if i remember it right)
-character behaviour outside the screen

So have fun !!

Download Here (http://rs78.rapidshare.com/files/129453454/SmashBrosRumble_Demo3.rar) and Give Feedback Via Comments

rememberthe8bit
July 16th, 2008, 03:56
I hope this doesn't get shut down, even though I'm not a Super Smash Bros. fan in the least, I still think it's rather cool to see a 2D, homebrew version of a game that will not likely be on the DS.

nightblade36
July 16th, 2008, 08:44
Awesome!

I think the next step would be adding in ground dodging and improving the physics. Maybe make it so that weaker attacks don't knock back unless you're in a high percentage... It's tricky, I'm sure.

I'd consider finding more people to work on it with you, maybe even just for sprites. That way you can get more characters out for the later releases!

Geez, if you could get full move sets in, projectiles, and more characters... it could be better than some actual NDS games....

Lastron
July 16th, 2008, 10:03
Next step...

=-!IS GETTING RID OF BUGS!=-
Its realy great and the level design is a big improvement but many bugs have apeared

AuroraKnight
July 16th, 2008, 10:50
Woah, this homebrew is huge! You're obviously working hard on it. It kinda makes me think of a mugen cuz you could do whatever you wanted with this. But I like seeing a dedicated homebrew creator and unique homebrew such as this so I definitely will be keeping my eye on this one! Thanks dood :thumbup:

HYPERMETAL
July 16th, 2008, 20:07
Fuzzy has done it again:thumbup:, each one better then the last.....except bugs

LesbianBuddhist
July 17th, 2008, 13:36
Do more with this! this is the coolest thing I've seen on the ds thus far

Epic Pie
July 17th, 2008, 15:21
OMG, BETA RELEASE 4!!! Download link somewhere in invisible text.

JK..

rememberthe8bit
July 17th, 2008, 17:39
I hope this doesn't get shut down, even though I'm not a Super Smash Bros. fan in the least, I still think it's rather cool to see a 2D, homebrew version of a game that will not likely be on the DS.

pokeballer
July 17th, 2008, 20:32
this is so cool im a huge ssb fan and im just wonder for the final version do u think fuzzy will just do the main eight from the original or is he gonna keep adding on and doin other nintendo characters not from any prev ssb titles

Wicket
July 17th, 2008, 23:14
It doesn't work for me. :(
It just displays blank white screens when I run it. Is there somthing I can do to make it work? (I use DSTT).

mrgimpface
July 18th, 2008, 22:06
i dont have winrar, and cant install it.

is there any chance you could upload it in a .zip as well?

i'd really like to try this out.

giopagent12
July 19th, 2008, 00:43
the graphics need improving, the game play and mechanics definitely need improving, and the menu needs improving. Try to make your own design instead of copying brawl. I could make one for you if you want. As for the character sprites, I suggest asking abysswolf if he can sheet for you. here is the link to his deviantart account - http://abysswolf.deviantart.com/gallery/
he has already created sprites, which should make it that much easier. The whole reason for giving advice, I really think this is going to be the first good super smash bros homebrew for ds, and I want it to be as amazing as it can.

here is an animation he did in ms paint - http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2940/intowerewolfbyabysswolfor6.gif

kurosakinaruto-
July 19th, 2008, 05:31
i think u shud post on his page instead of here cause i doubt he comes here, he's german, this is an english board

masterpaul
July 20th, 2008, 02:17
http://i33.tinypic.com/2vryc9f.png

If u ever would think about going into 3d, i would gladly make some stages

I could make that stage 2d also.