PDA

View Full Version : E3 Impressions

Accordion
July 16th, 2008, 00:00
All three presentations have passes. Hoo is da wunnar?!?

I will say that Microsoft stole the entire show with the the Final Fantasy announcement, but everything that preceded that was copy/paste from rivals and previously revealed titles.

Nintendo made me feel ill, absolutely refusing to show anything other than games you cant lose and more peripherals.
Is this really 'casual' gaming, do the massive sales of Guitar Hero/Rockband and Monster Hunter mean nothing?.…Oh and if i see that woman again i might just put a drill to my forehead. Somehow Nintendo forgot that E3 was an industry event.

It was left to Sony to actually give an entertaining presentation, and i think they delivered. Little Big Planet showing the bar charts and sales information was very entertaining. Other than that the video download store is great, and showing lots and lots of upcoming games was the right move.
New unknown titles being announced for the first time, as well as real first time videos such as DCU and Resistance PSP. Nothing makes up for the FF13 loss for attention, but i do question how important this game is and even when it will be released.

dejkirkby
July 16th, 2008, 08:19
The most interesting news I've heard is GTA for DS.

Darksaviour69
July 16th, 2008, 09:07
I added a poll, please no fanboy/ console wars flaming gents. lets keep this civil ;)

I agree with Accordion, FFXIII seems to have stolen the show, but in the long term how important is FF? Its more symbolic than any thing now that the 2 biggest Playstation brands (GTA being the other) are on the 360 at launch.

fg-54
July 16th, 2008, 19:08
360 definatly did the most! a brand new console pretty much, with a much better experience, and they finally fixed the privat chat problem (only 2 at a time could talk) now I can just make a party with my friends ant talk to all od them at once :) the avatars! everyone knows they are a copy of miis, but they are achieving what nintendo refused to do with their miis, and that is crazy customisation! i saw a guy on a bunny suit, and another in a samurai armor! i want mine to blook like an alien, and i am MORE then happy to pay for it (no more then $5 tho)

"you're in the movies" also seems like ALOT of fun! not to mention "lips" with an unlimited ammount of songs cuz you get to upload yer own from am mp3 player, doing kareoke WAS my favorite part of rock band, and the mic on this one looks cooler (the lights, and sensor)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was REALLY hoping that FFXIII would come to the 360 and it did! gears of war two looks like game of the year, then there is fallout 3! fable 2! and too human!

and what did nintendo have? errrr....throwing a frisby to a virtual dog, and a payed actor to inexplicably laugh while playing a snowboarding game?
animal crossing DID look okay, but the visuals look straight from the ds, and i haven't forgot the anouncment nintendo made a few months ago about their "pay to play" service that i am pretty sure will be iniciated with animal crossing, and i simply do NOT want to pay to play animal crossing online

the biggest surprize was gta chinatown wars, but we don't know anything about it so who knows, besides, i am already happy with gta IV on my 360.

and to be honest i DIDN't see the sony conference cuz i only have a psp, but it seems better then what nintendo did from what i have read: resistance, patapon 2, locoroco 2, little big planet, all in my portable device? sounds better then what nintendo did "but nintendo has gta chinatown wars on the ds!" yea? how many gta games are on the psp again? gta on the ds was the ONLY hardcore game they announced, and we don't know that for sure due to the lack of details, screens, or footage.

JKKDARK
July 16th, 2008, 20:00
I would say Microsoft and Nintendo. Because they announced great titles for both company systems.

ICE
July 16th, 2008, 20:51
Ninty was crap this year. Sony looked good and Resistance PSP blew me away but MS was the clear best.

ninja9393
July 16th, 2008, 21:46
Microsoft seemed to impress me the most