PDA

View Full Version : Lethal Enforcers 2 Clone

wraggster
October 10th, 2005, 01:13
Dark Killer has written in Lua an impressive Lethal Enforcers Clone for the PSP, heres the info:

This is a preview release of a WIP clone of the classic
arcade game Lethal Enforcers 2 for the PSP.

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/scrshot38ci.png

Download here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/lethalenforcers.shtml

fixo
October 10th, 2005, 13:33
This is strange, whenever I copy the LETHALEN2 folder onto the memory stick, my JAP 1.0 PSP says "Corrupted Data". Even though I know it's only meant for 1.5 and up users, I also copied the LETHALEN2% folder next to it. Then the icon showed up correctly, but the PSP ended the application saying "The game could not be started (80020130)".

Never saw this before, any ideas? (btw, Rin, Beats of Rage, Castaway, Handy, UAE, Snes9x, .... all work fine)

Spastic:
October 10th, 2005, 16:31
It says that this is written in Lua, which means you will need the Lua Player to run it. Check the Lua forum or the main news page for links to where to get that. Copy these filed into the Applications folder inside the Lua Player.

Of course i'm not sure why there is a % file if this is a Lua program...

I'm psyched to try this when i get home... looks like a great release!

Farcicalname
October 10th, 2005, 21:22
This is strange, whenever I copy the LETHALEN2 folder onto the memory stick, my JAP 1.0 PSP says "Corrupted Data". Even though I know it's only meant for 1.5 and up users, I also copied the LETHALEN2% folder next to it. Then the icon showed up correctly, but the PSP ended the application saying "The game could not be started (80020130)".

Never saw this before, any ideas? (btw, Rin, Beats of Rage, Castaway, Handy, UAE, Snes9x, .... all work fine)

you need to put both "LETHALEN2" and "LETHALEN2%" folders in \PSP\GAME for it to work.

SmashinGit
October 10th, 2005, 22:07
fixo here's a firmware 1.00 version, and it plays without needing the lua player installed on your psp.

xuphorz
October 10th, 2005, 22:27
thanks smashingit

fixo
October 11th, 2005, 08:12
Works fine now, thanks!

Game's a bit hard though ;)

Greg_Alexander
October 11th, 2005, 19:44
I had this game on the Sega Mega CD, in the early 90's. :D
I hope the analogue nub will be available for use, as the DPad is cumbersome in this game.

"You can't hit the broad side of a barrrrrn!" ;)