PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the Nintendo DS

wraggster
July 16th, 2008, 01:31
Heres the press release:

http://www.rockstargames.com/chinatownwars/images/chinatownwars.gif

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the Nintendo DS

The newest entry in the Grand Theft Auto series for Nintendo's handheld system this winter

New York, NY - July 15, 2008 - Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. Developed by Rockstar Leeds in conjunction with series creators Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars will be available on the Nintendo DS™ in North America and Europe this winter.

"This is a game that will deliver a rich, fast-paced and intense 'Grand Theft Auto' experience that will be truly unique to Nintendo's handheld platform," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "Rockstar Leeds, along with the team at Rockstar North, has built upon a decade of progressive design on Grand Theft Auto, and has created something fundamentally fresh and immersive."

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is an entirely original entry into the critically acclaimed Grand Theft Auto series, and brings a new level of interactivity to its sprawling open environments. With the use of the DS touch screen, players will navigate their way through the streets as they uncover the truth behind an epic tale of crime and corruption within the Triad crime syndicate, delivering the unprecedented amount of depth that has become a true trademark of the franchise.

For more information about Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, visit: http://www.rockstargames.com/chinatownwars

vicious1988
July 16th, 2008, 01:59
Haha, we get a brand new area...maybe. PSP just gets rehashes.

Hiei311
July 16th, 2008, 02:17
what do u mean??
gta lcs and gta vcs were r not rehashes!! their a complete different story!

iceman100
July 16th, 2008, 03:48
no actually they were rehashes, and did that by recycling the old levels etc....get a clue besides they sucked anyway.

kcajblue
July 16th, 2008, 07:05
i was not expecting a gta for the ds.

sounds interesting.

.:PSP1.0:.
July 16th, 2008, 08:16
Yeeessss!! lol sounds awesome!! lol

pas
July 16th, 2008, 16:24
please be 3d 3rd person with the ability to switch to topdown, cause 2 views are bette than one.

GTA Advance is for all normal gta players there already anyways.

Joker0693
July 16th, 2008, 17:13
I think 3d would be nice, but i doubt that the producers of the game would spend the time making a 3d game that pushes the ds hardware to the max and allows the 3d to look somewhat good. The first Sims ds game didn't have bad graphics and something like that wouldn't be bad but if it turns out like brothers in arms ds this game would suck.

Guess we will have to see how it turns out. If they did do a 2d top view kind of game it wouldn't be bad as long as it looks and plays nice.

ICE
July 16th, 2008, 17:19
There is no way they pull off 3d open world on ds with any quality.

rbervoets
July 16th, 2008, 17:53
DAMN i wanted a PSP version!

some_guy_named_matt
July 16th, 2008, 19:07
uggg, not too excited about this one...

[Matt]

pas
July 16th, 2008, 20:58
hmm, we deserved at least one good 3D title too ! you guys got your 2 psp games, isn't that like... enough already ?

kravorzlair
July 17th, 2008, 13:52
There is no way they pull off 3d open world on ds with any quality.

Are you sure about that ? Just check out the Transformers game and see what I mean

pokeballer
July 17th, 2008, 20:25
im excited for this to come out but its gonna b a very simple version of the original with hardly any free roam just all storyline missions

ICE
July 17th, 2008, 22:08
Are you sure about that ? Just check out the Transformers game and see what I mean

That game was garbage.

Joker0693
July 19th, 2008, 18:14
Check out this homebrew, I would hope to see GTA with these graphics. These are some of the best graphics I have seen for the ds.

http://www.daftcode.net/

Randa
July 21st, 2008, 16:21
Now im looking foward to this!

Kulawend
July 22nd, 2008, 07:46
It is possible to have good graphics (with some tricks) on the DS, it has been proven.
It's just easier for developers to make little kiddy games with 2D graphics.

I honestly never thought I'd see the day where I would be playing GTA on my DS though.