PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories - New & Multi-Player GTA on PSP in Two Weeks

wraggster
October 10th, 2005, 18:26
News from Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3703&lsaid=219793)

Cast your minds back to Grand Theft Auto III, driving around Liberty City for the first time in 3D, working for the man, Toni Cipriani. Well now Rockstar are taking us back to the old neighborhood with an entirely new game, made exclusively for the PSP. Set three years before the events of the PS2 title, this time around you're playing as Toni Cipriani himself. Fresh out of hiding, Toni is keen to get his foot in the Mafia's door, and being GTA, we know he'll do whatever it takes.

Traveling through the city doing we won't say what, you'll be able to enjoy the benefits of GTA San Andreas, like wild motorbikes and the ability to play dress-up with your gangster. New weather effects like snow also give you a fresh take on the city, and after skidding around in the winter weather, fans will no doubt get a grin on their face when they take that infamous monorail for a ride once again. For those that did play GTA III, you'll be able to appreciate the city's past, with different businesses and buildings present this time around. Using a new ferry too, you'll be able to travel between the three islands in style, unless you'd prefer to take a boat of your own of course.

Remember the radio commercial in GTA III about a reality show called "Liberty City Survivor"? What was a joke back then is reality now. For the first time, you and five others can go multi-player on Grand Theft Auto! The first of seven game types is Liberty City Survivor, and it's a kill or be killed world out there. You can take it on alone, or join up into gangs. The second mode is "Protection Racket", where your team is either the Attacker or Defender, and must destroy or protect the four limos the defending team has. Each having a go at both roles, who ever takes out the limos the fastest wins.

Next up is "Get Stretch", which is like capture the flag but with cars. Nab the other gangs car, take it back to your base, but at the same time make sure no one is boosting your car either! With 60 controllable characters to be unlocked, there's plenty to choose from in multi-player, and we can only hope this is the start of a new tradition for GTA titles.

The rest of the article and screenshots, videos and more over at Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3703&lsaid=219793)

xuphorz
October 10th, 2005, 18:55
official multiplayer gta, kick ass

sitexec
October 10th, 2005, 23:18
/me wipes drool from mouth

bobcobb
October 10th, 2005, 23:25
Infrastructure or Ad Hoc. If its Infrastructure, then I shall shite my pants.

PSP_Newbie
October 11th, 2005, 02:27
its been announced already that its Ad-Hoc, so too bad :(
but either way, its sounds great

Cap'n 1time
October 11th, 2005, 04:58
ggggggggg g-unit! Ive been shot 9 times! and I hate my dad too!
not to mention i kill cops and i go home for some hott coffee (which is somehow another word for sex)

GTA 1-3 ... the goods
GTA 4-5 ... get a new hobby rockstar.
portable ... we shall see. (if i see another pussy ass wanabe "gangsta" running around in my neighborhood saying their trying to live this game im going to bust some heads though.) 50 cent may have been shot 9 times.. but it will only take me one swing of a bat to shut his ass up.

Twimfy
October 11th, 2005, 05:09
I just wish I knew someone else with a PSP to make the multiplayer worth while. Looking foward to this game though. Burnnout has kept me happy recently but not enough.