PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Video Store vs. Xbox LIVE Netflix

rmedtx
July 17th, 2008, 17:02
Guys,

I found this article that compares the Video Store services of both the PSN and Xbox Live.

http://www.gizmorepublic.com/gaming/playstation-video-store-vs-xbox-live-netflix-6530

I rented a movie on the PSN yesterday and I was very impressed with the quality. The best part is that if you own a PSP you can download the movies into it and watch them on the go.

Cheers

Accordion
July 18th, 2008, 00:44
few questions:

Is it possible to download the videos to external HDDs as with other non game content?

Is the 24HR rental period activated when moving files to the PSP? Or would it be possible to have two 24HR rental periods within the 14 day limit, eg: download a rental, copy to PSP, watch on PS3 for 24hrs, and then have another 24hrs for the PSP version?

And are the rumors of there being no previous download list for bought movies true? I hope that paid for movies are able to be deleted or re-downloaded at any time like game content

Any idea how the PSP transfer works for HD content, does the PS3 downscale as it copies, or is an SD version included with HD downloads?

Cant wait till it hits the UK though, hopefully Sony can secure simultaneous release with DVDs