PDA

View Full Version : DCastaway - compare to GP32/PSP etc

skeezix
October 11th, 2005, 17:10
Hey Chui,

For DCastaway did you base off my GP32/PSP/Linux/etc ports, or the Pocket PC base from the sourceforge project? I think you based off mine, since diff's seem to match in a lot of places and some of my comemnts are in there, but its also missing lots of stuff too.. but you've been combining from hatari and such anyway, so hard to say :)

Are you using my CRC32 database stuff in there, or another one?

I'm tempted to start trying to pull all these versions together into one build tree.. the sourcefor Castaway is far out of date and not really good; the Pocket PC base there is also out of date, but pretty good (it was the base for my GP32 version). My GP32 and PSP and Palm OS versions are a little more advanced, but build under slightly separate trees (due to the platform variations.) Now you've got DC done, and also added back in (via SDL?) Win and Linux (which I've also done), so we're getting out of control :)

Ahh, if only we all had more free time :)

Anyway, drop me a line.. I don't have your email addy :) ([email protected], it gets spammed enough, so posting it here won't hurt :P)

jeff

chui
October 12th, 2005, 14:56
DCaSTaway have a lot of Hatari code, it's a mix of Castaway, GPCastaway, Hatari and my own code:

- CRC32 database is GPCastaway CRC32 database based.
- DCaSTaway is a portable SDL emulator (only for little endian machines).
- Sound core is Hatari based.
- Video render is my own code.

At begining, DCaSTaway was born as GPCastaway port, but now are very different.

[email protected] for anything !