PDA

View Full Version : New to DS Homebrew -- Overwhelmed

malrak
October 11th, 2005, 18:25
I found this site while looking for info on DS homebrew stuff. I'm about to take the plunge and buy some crap, but I'm not sure which crap I need.

On your site, it has the 4 gadgets that I need. Is that it? Everywhere I go to buy the Superpassme, I see these other NDS Flash Cart Kits, that supposed to have everything in it. But they seem different from what your site said I need.

Overall, I'm confused. ;) If someone could shed some light on the difference between the Flash Cart Kits and the SuperPassMe route, I'b ppreciate it.

Thanks!

DefaultGen
October 11th, 2005, 20:08
I'm new to the DS scene too. I recently purchased an M3 adapter with a PassMe (Passme, SuperPass, PassKey, its all the same device packaged differently). It hasn't actually come yet, I bought it yesterday from Divineo, I decided to go for an M3 after about 2-3 weeks of researching stuff about the DS scene :D

All you really need is some kind of flash cart (Supercard, M3, EZFlash, F2A) thats compatable with the DS (From what I see most people go for the SuperCard or M3 and the M3, though more expensive, is hailed as a slightly better device) And for DS homebrew/roms ect. you need a PassMe/PassKey/SuperPass any of those.

Obviously you need a CF/SD card if you get an M3 or a SuperCard. If you get a normal GBA Flash cart keep in mind it's measured in Megabits so you need to divide by 8 to see how many megabytes youre actually getting.

Edit: I'm not sure if I actually answered your original question. A Flash Cart Kit would include a Flash Cart, a way to Xfer files from your PC to the flash cart such as a USB device, sometimes a PassMe... This is just coming from the Neo Flash kit. It's insanely overpriced and doesn't give you as much storage as M3 or SuperCard.

malrak
October 11th, 2005, 22:47
I saw the M3 kit, but really didn't give it a good look. You say it seems to be a bit better? I may go with that option.

Which version would be best? SD or CF? Or does it even matter?

DefaultGen
October 12th, 2005, 00:07
I saw the M3 kit, but really didn't give it a good look. You say it seems to be a bit better? I may go with that option.

Which version would be best? SD or CF? Or does it even matter?

I got the CF version just cause I was too impatient to wait for the SD version :) (Like what, a few days?)

It also looks a lot nicer than the SD version, if that matters to you. I dk about proformance.

malrak
October 13th, 2005, 01:52
I tried to order one, and was told that it was in pre-order status. How'd you get yours?

DefaultGen
October 13th, 2005, 02:51
I tried to order one, and was told that it was in pre-order status. How'd you get yours?

I only ordered mine a few days ago, hasn't arrived yet but it said it would ship in 3 days. Also I can't log into my account on Divineo, I dk whats going on there. I got my reciept tho and I'm sending them an email.

You could always try somewhere like KickTrading.ca although theyre usually more expensive. Theres linker4u.com, aheadgames.com...

Edit: Ah, I figured it out. I got mine from Divineo.ca (they still have them in stock :D) Apparently theyre entirely separate from Divineo.com so they didn't have my account.

malrak
October 15th, 2005, 07:41
I tried going to Divineo.ca, and it redirects me to Divineo.com

:mad:

Post some impressions when you get yours in please.