PDA

View Full Version : PSP Emulator for Wii WIP

wraggster
July 17th, 2008, 20:33
Now i spotted this at NintendoMax (thanks guys) and well im not sure at all if its a fake or not but for now we will give it a weary benefit of the doubt for now, firstly heres a screenshot:

http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk/emupspforwii.jpg

Heres the translated info

We are very proud to present our latest creation
this affects both the wii: No emulator $ PsP which emulates the psp on wii!
The emulator does not read actuelement the CSO nor the DAX, only the ISO, and runs between 4 and 8 fps (which is far from a perfect emulation.)

In order to correct some bugs still quite annoying, to post the next few days. We wish to thank the creator of the source
potemkin, because it is a little grace has it that we have the ariver or we actuelment.
We wish you a rapelez that the version we will posterons a beta version which is far to run their games has vitèsses normal.

Lets hope teamshift (http://teamshift.fr.gd/News.htm) arent doing us over but we shall wait and see. A PSP Emulator for Wii surely its not doable at a decent speed, your answers via comments, although it would be fun to play PSP Homebrew on the Wii

acn010
July 17th, 2008, 20:39
that is..... amazing? its just a port from the source.... i guess is no biggie?

myuusmeow
July 17th, 2008, 21:02
http://80.190.202.79/pic/t/teamshift/emu.jpg
Take a better look at the unscaled photo. Looks VERY fake to me.

Notice the FPS text? Looks like someone used Paint to put it on.
Notice how the LCD is slanted, but the screenshot pasted on lazily is perfectly straight. (well almost, still looks shoddy)
And there never was a No$PsP, just a No$GBA (and much older no$ emus). (which emulated the DS too)

I call BS.

MARTINSTATIC
July 17th, 2008, 21:08
They could have at least blurred the edges...look at the 'yellow' edge, top left, bottom left and bottom right are straight, top right is slanted...messy job. :(

The day when I can play gta vcs on wii, and load psx games thru my Wii I will upload a video of me pouring coca cola down my pc monitor. That is a promise, you can take a screenshot of this post and use it as referance against me if you want. :)

JKKDARK
July 17th, 2008, 21:14
Yeah, you should lose a lot of quality if you make the screen bigger. I'm sure it's fake.

240-185
July 17th, 2008, 21:15
Take a better look at the unscaled photo. Looks VERY fake to me.

Notice the FPS text? Looks like someone used Paint to put it on.
Notice how the LCD is slanted, but the screenshot pasted on lazily is perfectly straight. (well almost, still looks shoddy)
And there never was a No$PsP, just a No$GBA (and much older no$ emus). (which emulated the DS too)

I call BS.

Thus, look at the LCD screen, which is a bit blurry, whereas the pasted text has quite sharp pixels...

=> FAIL

-Xandu-
July 17th, 2008, 21:16
I can make a way better fake than that.. Why don't they just upload the photo to the SD card and view it on the TV?

splodger15
July 17th, 2008, 21:28
The day when I can play gta vcs on wii, and load psx games thru my Wii I will upload a video of me pouring coca cola down my pc monitor. That is a promise, you can take a screenshot of this post and use it as referance against me if you want. :)

lol I'm gonna remember that when that day comes.

Exophase
July 17th, 2008, 21:29
Also the name "No$PSP", come on.

kjetil1991
July 17th, 2008, 21:44
lol fake news too bad but hey its okay i dont have a wii =D

Strongbadunit2
July 17th, 2008, 21:51
i wish it was real but it just doesnt make sense the n64 emulator on the wii is worse then the n64 emulator for the psp and wii is nintendo. Although the psp one has StrmnNrmn coding it...still it just doesnt make sense..:(

wolfpack
July 17th, 2008, 21:51

Screenshotted, Referenced and saved to my Sig.

Yea, thats right, Im not letting this one get away. ;)

noname1
July 17th, 2008, 22:06
it sure is fake also because the Wii is not much more faster than a PSP.

juicethehedgehog
July 17th, 2008, 22:07
lol anyone noticed the nintendo wii is off?

(if the light is red, that means tha the wii is plugged up and its off and wii connect 24 isnt on)
(if the light is orange, that means the wii is plugged up and its off and wii connect 24 IS on)
(and if the light is green, that means the wii is on) so yeah. thats how i know its fake lol

juicethehedgehog
July 17th, 2008, 22:08
Screenshotted, Referenced and saved to my Sig.

Yea, thats right, Im not letting this one get away. ;)

LMFAO HAH he you got him on the spot huh? XD

Drego
July 17th, 2008, 22:31

(if the light is red, that means tha the wii is plugged up and its off and wii connect 24 isnt on)
(if the light is orange, that means the wii is plugged up and its off and wii connect 24 IS on)
(and if the light is green, that means the wii is on) so yeah. thats how i know its fake lol
That was the first thing I noticed. Then I noticed the edges of the picture, too crisp.....

gelon
July 17th, 2008, 22:51
Well ... Potemkin is the only emulator than can run PSP commercial games (two games only and Puzzle Booble is one of them, the other is IA Go)

And i belive its opensource

But 7 is obviosly a fake, a Gamecube cant run the emulator at this speed :rofl:

alanparker05
July 17th, 2008, 23:58
Untill i see a vid of it working i'll just file this up my a**e and refer to it later

mcdougall57
July 18th, 2008, 00:09
never saw the point in releasing fake news like this.

DimensionT
July 18th, 2008, 00:14
it sure is fake also because the Wii is not much more faster than a PSP.

That's just moronic...

PSP:

CPU - 333 MHz MIPS R4000 (32-bit)
GPU - 2 MB onboard VRAM running at 166 MHz
RAM - 32 MB main RAM and 4 MB embedded DRAM.

WII:

CPU - IBM Broadway 729MHz
GPU - ATI Hollywood 243MHz
RAM - 88MB DRAM

You're saying the PSP (below the capabilities of the Dreamcast) is almost as powerful as the Wii which has almost twice the GPU and CPU then the Gamecube, while the Gamecube could pump out better graphics then the PS2?

I've yet to see the PSP do anything anywhere near Sonic Adventure, and that's definitely last gen.

FOL
July 18th, 2008, 01:09

Thats the first thing I noticed, the light is orange. Meaning its in standby but not off completely.

You beat me to it. You would think they would have had the sense to turn it on, or even noticed and colour it in, lol.

Mauragon
July 18th, 2008, 07:10
It's a fake.