PDA

View Full Version : PSP Emulator for Wii WIP

wraggster
July 17th, 2008, 20:33
Now i spotted this at NintendoMax (thanks guys) and well im not sure at all if its a fake or not but for now we will give it a weary benefit of the doubt for now, firstly heres a screenshot:

http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk/emupspforwii.jpg

Heres the translated info

We are very proud to present our latest creation
this affects both the wii: No emulator $ PsP which emulates the psp on wii!
The emulator does not read actuelement the CSO nor the DAX, only the ISO, and runs between 4 and 8 fps (which is far from a perfect emulation.)

In order to correct some bugs still quite annoying, to post the next few days. We wish to thank the creator of the source
potemkin, because it is a little grace has it that we have the ariver or we actuelment.
We wish you a rapelez that the version we will posterons a beta version which is far to run their games has vitèsses normal.

Lets hope teamshift (http://teamshift.fr.gd/News.htm) arent doing us over but we shall wait and see. A PSP Emulator for Wii surely its not doable at a decent speed, your answers via comments, although it would be fun to play PSP Homebrew on the Wii

JKKDARK
July 17th, 2008, 21:06
mm I don't believe it's real..

Eviltaco64
July 17th, 2008, 21:22
If PSP was possible, then PS2 would also be in the ballpark of possibilities.
And wouldnt there also be a DS emulator?

iofthestorm
July 17th, 2008, 22:01
Well, the lack of DS emulator is probably mostly due to lack of interest, but I doubt this is real, and anyway even if it is it will never be playable speed.

w4aqar
July 17th, 2008, 22:35
this pic looks fake...

eke-eke
July 17th, 2008, 22:42
lol... the fps string has been copypasted on the picture

and no$PSP does not exist, PSP emulator coming out of nowhere from a 12-years old french's website, hum :)

c'mon, this is just a joke :)

agenericperson
July 17th, 2008, 22:43
Gotta be fake. They should have put 1fps that would make it more believable. We can't even get the N64 running past that yet.

icecoolwas
July 18th, 2008, 09:13
Fake.. I mean cmon? We havnt even done a ps1 emu yet never mind PSP.

PS1 should run at full speed but not many are working on it.

souLLy
July 18th, 2008, 09:32
100% fake, I work with photoshop all day long, there are a ton of problems with that photo, the light from the screen in a dark room is not reflected on any other surfaces at all, the text is antialiased but the pixels are larger than what would be the pixels of the screen- clearly it's been pasted on top, there are jpeg artefacts on both the screen and the room, but they don't match in regularity, meaning this picture was made from two seperate jpegs. Need I go on?

wiggy fuzz
July 18th, 2008, 09:47
saved me having to say all that myself :D

grossaffe
July 18th, 2008, 10:32
a DS emulator would be interesting if they got the wiimote IR to work on the "touchscreen".

kamanashi
July 18th, 2008, 17:06
I agree that it's fake. But, it would be a cool thing to show off the power of homebrew on the wii.

____anders____
July 18th, 2008, 18:19
100% fake, I work with photoshop all day long, there are a ton of problems with that photo, the light from the screen in a dark room is not reflected on any other surfaces at all, the text is antialiased but the pixels are larger than what would be the pixels of the screen- clearly it's been pasted on top, there are jpeg artefacts on both the screen and the room, but they don't match in regularity, meaning this picture was made from two seperate jpegs. Need I go on?

hehehehe

you owned "teamshift" souLLy:p

KristenBaldousor
July 18th, 2008, 19:13
No video, no trust

Fake!!!!

elgoog
July 18th, 2008, 20:35

Jeez what idiots, if I were to fake it I wouldve just made a picture, put it on the SD card then viewed it on the wii console.

Crimson_Lotus
July 19th, 2008, 07:59
Jeez what idiots, if I were to fake it I wouldve just made a picture, put it on the SD card then viewed it on the wii console.

That's the next version of this emulator.

*Added features: Looks real(er)