PDA

View Full Version : E3: Brain Training to influence Wii Zelda?

Shrygue
July 17th, 2008, 20:52
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=193464)

Shigeru Miyamoto has revealed that Nintendo intends to apply the philosophy behind its Touch Generations titles to its 'franchise games'.

When asked whether by 1UP whether Nintendo's new focus on user-friendly controls and playability will influence future versions of Mario and Zelda, the designer replied:

"Frankly, some of the so-called 'franchise games' are quite difficult for nongamers to play, so making accessible games for these players is key. With Zelda, we have to consider how to make it accessible for new gamers to pick up and play and enjoy just as hardcore gamers have.

"For example, we've got the Touch Generations series. Now, we're not necessarily going to make our 'franchise' games in that style, but we'll take what we know and have learned -- the philosophy behind those games -- and incorporate it into franchise games. That's a philosophy that's very strong at Nintendo."

Company president Satoru Iwata said this week that "The Zelda and Mario teams were hard at work". Hopefully they'll take a cue from what Peter Molyneux seems to be doing with Fable II and not compromise gameplay for accessibility.

Demonic_Cr0w
July 17th, 2008, 23:45
STOP TURNING GAMES INTO GIMMICKS!!!! God damn! I've lost all respect for you, and I sure had a lot.

vicious1988
July 18th, 2008, 00:47
Goddammit, don't S&I this Nintendo!!!! You've got a winning formula, no reason to change it. Although, personally I wish the games were a little harder. Final battle on Mario Galaxy was a joke.

TVarmy
July 18th, 2008, 02:42
Argh. We liked Nintendo because they were different from the other game companies, but yet they were still a serious game company making games that both younger and older gamers could enjoy. Now, they're deciding they want to make interesting "toys."

I'm so parched for good news from them, I'd be gleeful over a new derivative Pokemon game.

Warren Spector is also going softcore... Must be something in the water...

Personally, I'm hoping all the developers from Nintendo who liked making the older style of Nintendo game will abandon ship and form their own company. Maybe they could team up with Valve and make the best game ever.

AndrewArsonn
July 18th, 2008, 04:51
So, they are making an educational zelda?
Oh god no. =/