PDA

View Full Version : Attorney will pay devs to create violent vg scenario

Cap'n 1time
October 11th, 2005, 22:06
From www.beyondunreal.com

Jack Thompson Urinates on Your Severed Brain Stem
by RaptoR at 1:28 PM EDT (Industry News) 17 Comments / Permalink

Miami attorney and outspoken games industry critic Jack Thompson has promised to give $10,000 to the favorite charity of Take-Two chairman Paul Eibeler if a games developer makes a game based on his own scenario.

Below is an excerpt from Thompson's press release, in which game hero Osaki Kim seeks revenge against the video game industry responsible for his son's death.

Osaki Kim (O.K.) exits the courtroom swearing revenge upon the video game industry whom he is convinced contributed to his son's murder. "Vengeance is mine, I will repay" he says. And boy, is O.K. not kidding.

O.K. is provided in his virtual reality playpen a panoply of weapons: machetes, Uzis, revolvers, shotguns, sniper rifles, Molotov cocktails, you name it. Even baseball bats. Especially baseball bats.

O.K. first hops a plane from LAX to New York to reach the Long Island home of the CEO of the company (Take This) that made the murder simulator on which his son's killer trained. O.K. gets "justice" by taking out this female CEO, whose name is Paula Eibel, along with her husband and kids. "An eye for an eye," says O.K., as he urinates onto the severed brain stems of the Eibel family victims, just as you do on the decapitated cops in the real video game Postal2.

For all of this article and a good laugh check out

Related but off topic information: Take-Two chairman Paul Eibeler is #43 in Bernard Goldberg's book- 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America.

http://www.philosophistry.com/specials/100-people.html

43. Paul Eibeler (CEO of Take-Two Interactive Software)
Eibeler's company produces the bestselling Grand Theft Auto, a video game that simulates the killing of gays, cops, blacks, and hookers. His company is being sued for inspiring an eighteen-year old to killing three people (two of which were police officers). Goldberg doesn't believe in censorship, but he is sick of capitalists who will willingly ruin our culture to make money.

Many Americans think of Bernard Goldberg as a conservative nut case. As Michael Moore is number 1, I suppose he is suggesting that our biggest problem is the overweight Bush Basher (god bless him) Others include Ted Kennedy, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton? (oh the evil), Ludacris? (who i will quote from this site in a second), and Paris Hiltons Parents for raising her wrong. Anyways so Bernard Goldberg is a bitch.

one last funny

Like all rappers, Ludacris popularizes ignorance and anti-social behavior

... riiiiiiiiiight.