PDA

View Full Version : Transfer DVD's to your PSP!!!

Pipod
October 12th, 2005, 18:39
So I just found out that there's a way to transfer your DVD's onto your PSP. Very cool! One more way the PSP is better than the DS :D Has anyone else heard of this program? www.psptransfer.com

beamase
October 14th, 2005, 16:53
I've tried so many programs to bring movies to my PSP but they didn't work. Whenever I got the last stage, transferring the movie to my PSP, I got an error message saying copy failed or move failed. Too bad there isn't a trial version. I would have to spend 50 bucks for nothing.

Pipod
October 14th, 2005, 21:15
hmm, do you have a 512 memory stick? If you don't that might be a problem. No matter which program you use, you still need a memory stick :P

beamase
October 15th, 2005, 05:36
I'm using a 1 gig memory stick and have music and other things on it but still have plenty of room. :confused:

AJB2K3
October 15th, 2005, 17:14
REALY?
i use dvddecrypt to extract dvd,
dvdshrink to edit ,
pspvideo 9 to encode and transfer and have had no problems.

Jdemon
October 16th, 2005, 00:46
Ahh another worthless expensive piece of......software. Don't waste your money go to http://www.videohelp.com/ and learn how to extract vob files from your DVD then use PSP Video 9 for your conversions.

beamase THIS (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9250) Post should help you out a bit. You may have had problems if you used wmv or 'old' avi files.

AJB2K3 - I think you may be overprocessing. I'm not very familliar with DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink but if you can get a full vob using just one of them you'll be better off downsizing when you do the MP4 conversion in Video 9

Jdemon
October 16th, 2005, 02:02
OK I just checked out DVD Decrypter I've had it installed for a while now and haven't checked it out so I figured this was a good time.

You can set it to extract as one file:
Mode> IFO I

Tools> Settings:

ISO Read Mode - File Splitting: NONE
IFO Mode - File Splitting: NONE

The only snag I ran into is I don't know how to use the streaming process on this program. So even though I got English dialog as the default sound for the extracted vob when I converted it with Video 9 I got Spanish :D but you should definitely be able to cut down your processing and improving your overall file quality.