PDA

View Full Version : Britain, Your PS3s Will Stream TV As Of September 10 (Everyone Else, Little Later)

Shrygue
July 18th, 2008, 19:46
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5026571/britain-your-ps3s-will-stream-tv-as-of-september-10-everyone-else-little-later)

Europe's PlayTV service for the PS3 is looking very nice. We already knew SCEE were looking at a release window of around September, but yesterday Sony's David Reeves started handing out actual dates and actual info. The UK will be the first country to get PlayTV, with it due to start up on September 10, with a staggered roll-out across Europe in the weeks after.

As a bonus treat, he also confirmed that you'll be able to record TV onto your HDD at the same time you're playing a game, with the necessary code having been quietly slipped into the 2.41 update. Oh, and before anyone not up to speed on PlayTV asks, no, there are no plans to bring it to the US.

Eviltaco64
July 18th, 2008, 21:03
For once all the Europeans dont have to bitch about delays

acn010
July 18th, 2008, 21:38
and how the hell is the ps3 will stream tv? and its gonna be like tivo? lol interesting indeed

Triv1um
July 19th, 2008, 23:31
There is a little box which has a aerial plug in it.

It doesn't stream, although you can record off it.

KFR42
July 20th, 2008, 15:18
So its just a device to turn your PS3 into an HDD recorder? Does the box include a freeview decoder?

Nice idea actually. It'd be nice to see what features it has.

This makes me slightly less mad about sony screwing over PAL users with the movie download service.

Kazumz
July 20th, 2008, 17:45
For once all the Europeans dont have to bitch about delays

I dont bitch about delays anyway.

KFR42
July 21st, 2008, 13:15
I dont bitch about delays anyway.

I do, but not as much as Americans bitch about delays when a game actually comes out here first.