PDA

View Full Version : dsemu Update

wraggster
October 12th, 2005, 22:32
For a long time now, I've been wanting to implement breakpoints into DSemu's debugger. Indeed, I remember writing about it here. And for the longest time, I thought having a list that the dispatch looks through every cycle would be too slow. But then I found C++.

The STL has a log-n reverse lookup table (just a map, basically) that I can use to get some viable speed out of the breakpoints. And so I have.

And keep in mind, this is working on Linux; the Windows compile looks exactly the same, and if I could get it to build on OSX, it'd be the same as well. So yeah, it's portable.

It would seem that the project lives once again. I took up the idea recently of using C++ to create a massively modular plugin structure, and it seems to be pulling itself off. As of right now, I have a small amount of an ARM7 core in one plugin, a mode3/4 GPU in another plugin, and a memory plugin tying them together.

Not only that, but the whole lot is portable cross-platform, thanks to the FLTK user interface plugin. And that means I can run this thing on Windows, Linux, yea even on OSX (if it would compile there).

As of right now, the simplest of mode3 demos run, and mic's afire also seems to work fine. Anything else refuses to output. That may be due to missing instructions in the core, or missing graphics; either way, there's a long way to go.

I am, of course, providing the source. Eventually, this'll make its way into the official DSemu repository as a (huge) patch, replacing nigh-on the whole repository with new source files. But for now, you can grab the source at the link below. (You will need fltk's includes and libraries; the Unix makefile checks for them, the Windows one doesn't.)

http://www.dsemu.org/