PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Says They May Limit Number of Wii MotionPlus Games to Control Costs

wraggster
July 19th, 2008, 17:29
As we pointed out this week, the Wii's MotionPlus gyroscope add-on could tip the total 4-player price of the system above or equal to the 360 and PS3. Speaking to that point, Nintendo's Katsuya Eguchi told PC Mag that an embedded MotionPlus in future Wiimotes is "something we'll be looking at," which is unfortunately a non-answer. More interesting is that they may instead decide to limit the number of games that can use the accessory. As Mark found out in his hands-on, the 1:1 motion detecting is fantastic, so the plan to embed the tiny gyroscope into the Wiimote itself (at no additional cost to us, right?) seems to be the best scenario for the future rather than put a cap on the games that can take advantage of it. Let's hope.

http://gizmodo.com/5026832/nintendo-says-they-may-limit-number-of-wii-motionplus-games-to-control-costs

agenericperson
July 19th, 2008, 21:19
sigh

Another pointless peripheral. Part of me wants it to well, but I guess there's no hope anymore.

goshogun1
July 19th, 2008, 22:12
I am pretty exited about the Wiimote add-on because a game like Punch-out! would really benefit from it. That or a swordplay game of some kind. However, if they use it for like 2 games and let it go the way of the dinosaur I will be disappointed. Only time will tell...

Dbgtgoten
July 20th, 2008, 05:12
Lol i don't think this has a point at all whats the point of annoucing a great piece of addition hardware then telling people oh because of cost we won't use this in too many games its like cmon....whats the point of buying it then reminds me of the Expansion bay cart for the n64...

Qmark
July 20th, 2008, 05:33
Wouldn't the correct answer be to just bundle one in with all or most of the games that want it? Zelda Four Swords and FFCC both came with that GBA-GC cable.

Auriman1
July 20th, 2008, 18:30
Things like this are the reason I've only bothered to get two Wiimotes at this time, as there's no telling what Nintendo will do (the fairly recent wireless nunchucks, possibility of superior Wiimotes making the originals obsolete, etc.).