PDA

View Full Version : LuaPlayerHM8

wraggster
July 19th, 2008, 19:29
News/release from Homemister (http://luaplayerhm.xtreemhost.com/)

That is right. LuaPlayerHM8 has been released today. You can download it from below or using the Update script.
When using the Updater script it will automaticaly start the LuaPlayerHM Drivers install. For all who don't use the Updater script you will have to install them via the included LPHMDinstall.
Regards
Homemister

%%%%%%%% NEW %%%%%%%%

Fixed Wlan.startGameShare(filep ath) Now all homebrew work for gameshare.

Added and Fixed System.autoCpu() now has power modes. 1 for saver, 2 for performance.

Added Controls.wlan() returns 1 for on and 0 for off

Added System.stopPRX() Will stop and unload a PRX file that has been loaded. It needs the unique name of the PRX file given when the PRX is loaded.
Eg name = System.loadPrxKernel(file name) System.stopPRX(name)

Fixed System.loadPrxKernel(file name) Will load a PRX into the kernel memory. Allows kernel functions to be used. returns a unique name

Fixed System.loadPrx(filename) Will load a PRX into the memory. returns a unique name

Fixed System.startGameSave() Saves game data Eg System.startGameSave("Nam e of savegame","Name of game","Details/message",data to save, "Name of the game*used to identify the save data")

Fixed System.startGameLoad() Loads the save data selected Eg data = System.startGameLoad("Nam e of the game*used to identify the save data")

Fixed Wlan.init(connection number) Can use just Wlan.init() to see all conections of use Wlan.init(1-10) to automaticaly connect to a specific conection.

Added IntraFont * Use in between Gu.start3d() and Gu.end3d() *
IntraFont.init() Call befor loading intrafont. Starts the IntraFont engine
IntraFont.term() Ends the IntraFont engine
IntraFont.load() Load a font 1 = Normal 2 = fast draw|less memory 3 = Large Memory 4 = Japaniese
IntraFont.print() Prints the text to screen Eg IntraFont.print(x,y,TEXT, Size,Color,Glow) Color and Glow must be in a HEXIDECIMAL format Eg
"0xFF0000FF" = red *****Use in between Gu.start3d() and Gu.end3d()
IntraFont.color() (Red/Gree/Blue/Alpha) Returns a Hexidecimal Value for the color

Added New TTF library (
Font.init() Call befor loading Font. Starts the Font engine
Font.print() Prints test to the screen with a font. Eg Font.print(x,y,"TEXT",col or,fontslot)
Font.load() Loads a font to a font slot Eg. Font.load("ms0:/font.ttf",1) slots range from 1 to 5
Font.unload() Unloads a font from a slot Eg. Font.unload(1)
Font.term() Ends the Font engin
Font.color() (Red/Gree/Blue/Alpha) Returns a Hexidecimal Value for the color

Fixed System.startUpdate() Now works properly

Added March33 and NP9660 use for ISO loading. *Only when LPHM Drivers are installed.

Improved System.runeboot()

Improved System.startPSX()

Added Mp3me.setPos() Sets the position of the mp3 file can be used for FastFwd OR Back. Returnes the position of the file

Added Mp3me.getPos() Returnes the position of the file

Added Mp3me.stream() Will return the remaining buffer left of the mp3.

Added Mp3me Will stream songs from the internet

Added Mp3me.visL() Will return the Visualtion data for left channel.

Added Mp3me.visR() Will return the Visualtion data for right channel.

Fixed Mp3me.percent()

Fixed Mp3me.rawSongTime()

Added PingPSP. In Adhoc send string "PINGPSP", start a timer and stop the timer when the Nickname of the pinged psp is returned with PING. Eg Adhoc.send("ping) the receved data will be "OtherPSP'sNicknamePI NG"

Added Aac to Audio files able to be played (thx to sakya)
Aac.load()
Aac.play()
Aac.stop()
Aac.eos()
Aac.gettime()
Aac.percent()
Aac.pause()
Aac.songTime()
Aac.artist()
Aac.title()
Aac.album()
Aac.genre()
Aac.year()
Aac.trackNumber()
Aac.layer()
Aac.kbit()
Aac.mode()

Added Aa3me.setPos() Sets the position of the Aa3 file can be used for FastFwd OR Back. Returnes the position of the file

Added Aa3me.getPos() Returnes the position of the file

Added Aa3me.stream() Will return the remaining buffer left of the Aa3

Added Aa3me Will stream songs from the internet

Added Aa3me.visL() Will return the Visualtion data for left channel.

Added Aa3me.visR() Will return the Visualtion data for right channel.

Fixed Aa3me.percent()

Fixed Aa3me.rawSongTime()

Added System.getTachyon() return version

Added System.getPommel() return version

Added System.getBaryon() return version

Added System.download() Use like the Webbrowser System.download(url,downl oad path) Must be in same directory as the LPHM Eboot
Eg System.download("http://www.homemister.axspace.co m/LuaPlayerHM7.zip","ms0:/PSP/GAME/LPHM"),
You can also use the Webbreowser to download files just put the download url in.

Download Here (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/LuaPlayerHM8.zip) and Give Feedback Via Comments

Buddy4point0
July 19th, 2008, 20:08
There seams to be alot of extra features and possibility for using this over the official luaplayer. But I have some questions: with the addition of all these commands does it run slower? I know that luaplayer .16 runs way faster than luaplayer .20 because of the module features. Does this run about the same speed as .16 or .20? Maybe even slower or faster?

osgeld
July 19th, 2008, 22:21
it is slower than .20 not really a bunch slower but with luaplayer thats kinda like twisting your already broken arm

i wish i knew enough about C to make a slim compatible version of .16 =(

Buddy4point0
July 19th, 2008, 22:41
it is slower than .20 not really a bunch slower but with luaplayer thats kinda like twisting your already broken arm

i wish i knew enough about C to make a slim compatible version of .16 =(

SLOWER THAN .20!!! oh wow. Nevermind, I will definitely not be using this. Whats the point of adding features if its not even going to be able to be used in any good games. .20 mod4 was slimmed down from .20, and useing that, overclocked to 333, was still slower than using .16 :rofl::rofl::rofl: Thanks anyway but I will definitely NOT be using this.

dragaron
July 20th, 2008, 07:09
Thanks for this new release!

LAMPRO
July 20th, 2008, 07:47
maybe this will help the porting of the 1.5 lua brew to 3xx kernel.. looking for some classics to return to 3xx!!

homemister
July 20th, 2008, 09:56
Buddy4point0;
It is faster that luaplayer0.20 in user mode. and is faster then 0.16 in kernel mode. i hope you change your mind.
Regards
Homemister

dangee
July 20th, 2008, 10:41
I'd expect all the new features will increase the luaplayer startup slightly.
Nice to know that runtime's unaffected.

thx 4 the release , D/Ling...

Sonicboy 101
July 20th, 2008, 12:36
Great news, keep up the good work Homemister ;)

pspd
July 20th, 2008, 16:31
So I could use this instead luaplayer? I don't need anything else than ability run lua applications.

osgeld
July 20th, 2008, 18:55
this is a more advanced version of luaplayer, but its still luaplayer so you can use it to run your current apps

but theres also just a "plain jane" port of 0.20 (or 2 or 3) available
http://www.qj.net/Lua-Player-for-Team-M33-s-3-71-CFW/pg/49/aid/103297

but i hear it has problems with usb and wifi

woaixj
May 21st, 2010, 06:32
I like it very much!
Thanks