PDA

View Full Version : EBOOT loader v0.3 for PSPV2.0 (updated 12 Oct 2005)

wraggster
October 12th, 2005, 23:20
Fanjita (http://www.fanjita.org/psp.html) updated his EbootLoader to v0.3, heres whats new:

v0.3 : Compatibility enhancements
- Allow browsing of multiple EBOOTs
- Change directory to selected EBOOT location
(adds sounds to Attack of the Mutants)
- Restore screen mode before running EBOOT
(improves reliability)
- Allow multiple text segments in ELF

lemming71
October 13th, 2005, 01:32
Is it possible to load UMDemulator or Fastloader with the v2.0 eboot loader 0.3???

Virus
October 13th, 2005, 03:50
tell me when i can pu emulators on it.. then ill be happy

DraconumPB
October 13th, 2005, 05:32
This should be getting ALOT of attention, and it would, except for the fact that everybody downgraded their PSPs....

Poor guy, making all these efforts and to what end? I commend him.

Tron_Fan
October 13th, 2005, 05:47
Actually I have kept my 2.0 and have not downgraded and am really interested in this...

Question I have is.....

How likely is it I get a PS virus and.....
does it work with everything 1.5 does?

Tron_Fan
October 13th, 2005, 06:05
Actually I have kept my 2.0 and have not downgraded and am really interested in this...

Question I have is.....

How likely is it I get a PS virus and.....
does it work with everything 1.5 does?

EDT:

OK, I was all set to actually try this out when I saw that this only works with a few selected EBOOT's

Sorry but I am not your Guinea Pig.

When this can run everything 1.5 can I'll try again........

defiant_psp
October 13th, 2005, 10:11
Just to let yu no i think this project is a very exciting developement for the pspv2, and u can run the sega master system/game gear emulator with near perfect sound, as i dont no if the sound is/was perfect if emu was run on a later firmware psp or not.
Keep up the good work. :)

Fanjita
October 13th, 2005, 13:19
EDT:
Sorry but I am not your Guinea Pig.

When this can run everything 1.5 can I'll try again........

And I am not your pet developer - I'm not paid to produce this stuff, I do it as a favour to the community.

There are other folks who have the decency to do what they can to test it and figure out what's currently working and what isn't - leaving me time to get on with fixing the broken stuff, and the community with a better piece of software.

If we all took your attitude, there would be no public homebrew on the PSP at all.

P.S. It's unlikely it will ever run everything that 1.5 can. Certainly, ISO / UMD loaders are highly unlikely, the rest is a lot more doable.

Dangooner
October 13th, 2005, 16:10
And I am not your pet developer - I'm not paid to produce this stuff, I do it as a favour to the community.

There are other folks who have the decency to do what they can to test it and figure out what's currently working and what isn't - leaving me time to get on with fixing the broken stuff, and the community with a better piece of software.

If we all took your attitude, there would be no public homebrew on the PSP at all.

P.S. It's unlikely it will ever run everything that 1.5 can. Certainly, ISO / UMD loaders are highly unlikely, the rest is a lot more doable.

Fanjita, thanks for all the work you've done so far, it's a shame that on some other boards your not getting the credit you deserve. For someone like me, who wouldn't even know where to start with the insides or a light switch, let alone a PSP, it's great!

As for what works with the loader V0.3 and the V.2.0 firmware, someone on another site (can't remember the guy's name) said that he has got Doom, Attack Of The Mutants and Quake working so far. I'm going to have a bash about tonight and see what I can get working. Someone on this board also said that they got Master Sysytem and Game Gear emulators running with near perfect sound.

Again, thanks for all the time and effort you've spend so far on this, it is really appreciated.

:)

DraconumPB
October 13th, 2005, 16:30
Now our next problem - how to execute code on a 2.50 firmware... O_O

*sigh*

But the good news is this: right now any firmware 2.00 or below is safe, and eventually I bet we will have nearly full capabilities on 2.00 systems. If that happens, 2.00 here I come! (again).

Tron_Fan
October 13th, 2005, 16:35

Right. That was truly an asinine thing for me to say and I apologize. I was just in a bad place when I posted it. I do appreciate your efforts and applaud the time you spend and the fact that you care to share your genius with the rest of us.

I definitely did not mean to belittle your efforts and I wholeheartedly apologize.

Dangooner
October 13th, 2005, 19:44
Ok, I've tried running a few programmes but not having much luck! :confused:

Tried Quake, got it running as far as the option screen, but then crashed whenever I went to actually play the game.

Tried a 'nes' emulator (RIN) but wouldn't even start.

Tried a few other homebrew games but again, couldn't get them to work.

Getting the right arse at the moment so going to stop for now! :mad:

I'll be interested to hear how other people have gotten on and what they have manage to get up and running.

Fanjita
October 14th, 2005, 01:11
Right. That was truly an asinine thing for me to say and I apologize. I was just in a bad place when I posted it. I do appreciate your efforts and applaud the time you spend and the fact that you care to share your genius with the rest of us.

I definitely did not mean to belittle your efforts and I wholeheartedly apologize.

:) No biggie, apology accepted :)

It's just that that kind of comment seems to be all over some of the worse PSP forums - lots of people wanting the moon on a stick, but not willing to lift a finger to help people give it to them. I guess it's like a red rag to a bull, for those of us who are doing the work.

BTW, if you want a list of apps that have worked for other people, you could check out this thread (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?p=204013#post204013) where someone has been compiling a list. I'm not sure how will it will be maintained though : he recently updated his signature and it looks like he may have upgraded to v2.50...

Dangooner
October 14th, 2005, 19:49
Ok, posted this elsewhere but thought it was worth posting here as well, got Quake (v0.4) working, as well as sms, have so far tried Sonic 2, Alex Kidd, Star Wars, Asterix and a couple of others.

Cheers again for all the work you've done on this Fanjita, and everybody else who has helped too.