PDA

View Full Version : The Mystery of the Popups Solved

wraggster
October 13th, 2005, 01:02
A while back i got messages saying there were popups on the site and even in the forums, my reply back was that there isnt and never will be popups but still people were telling me there was, i contacted our host Martin64 and he even changed the ad code altogether and still we had popups, now this was cuasing concern as there was no code for that on the site but today it was pinpointed to the stats counter and yes the Nedstats counter is displaying popups since they changed to a new company.

How very nice of them to inform sites that they were sticking popups on sites and obviously making a packet off them.

So now ive took down all their counters off the whole network of sites and apologise for the damned popups.

Pity i didnt spot this earlier :(

xuphorz
October 13th, 2005, 01:39
i never saw popups

Clay
October 13th, 2005, 01:51
Dan tried and tried to tell ya' bud!

xuphorz
October 13th, 2005, 02:02
Dan?

Psyberjock
October 13th, 2005, 02:25
Don't sweat it. I never saw a single popup. I use FireFox. =)

Only people who still use IE are ones who've never tried FireFox.

crispana
October 13th, 2005, 02:56
firefox + adblock plus

problem solved

ForteGSX
October 13th, 2005, 03:05
Ha ha ha... Firefox is great, no?

deathspal
October 13th, 2005, 06:38
firefox + adblock plus

problem solved

Same here...

themaxexp
October 13th, 2005, 06:59
God you frikin moron, its called adware!

VFerg
October 13th, 2005, 08:11
Thats good to know, but once when comming here by mistake without a blocker on I had recieved messages about recieving exploits from this site from a virus blocker. MHTMLRedir.exploit was the specific name. Dont know if anyone else had gotten it but I did. It never made it but letting you know.

jimjamjahaa
October 13th, 2005, 11:33
well i have ff and it stopped the popups but i could see the popups trying to get through. it was flahing up, getting killed, flashing up, getting killed really fast about 30 times etc. it was quite annoying :)

rmedtx
October 13th, 2005, 13:33
I'm glad you got rid of that Wraggs. Nedstats sucks for doing that.