PDA

View Full Version : One Really, Really Long Assed PSP Game

wraggster
July 20th, 2008, 20:00
In an age where 20 hour games are long, Valhalla Knights 2 is an anomaly. It takes between 60 to 80 hours to complete and up to 135 hours if you want to fully complete it. The game was penned by the scenario writer for Final Fantasy XII so it does have a very involving story. Good news is that you won't spend most of that 135 hours grinding as there's even sneaking abilities so you don't have to constantly engage in battle. Also, no random encounters. Yay!

http://kotaku.com/5026545/one-really-really-long-assed-psp-game

Veskgar
July 20th, 2008, 21:18
I actually prefer epic, original, and long games on the PSP. Although the PSP is obviously a portable, it doesn't have that same "pick-up-and-play" feel as the DS Lite. I haven't gotten to the original Valhalla Knights yet, but I plan to do so soon so I can be ready for this sequel.

Also, I'm not the only one that feels this way. As the huge sales of the Monster Hunter Portable games show, long, drawn out games can be really desirable.

I've always thought the PSP would be ideal for a portable MMORPG game where you log into any hotspot and embark on a quest similar to WoW, Oblivion, etc, building your character over a duration of months or years. But sadly no game like that has ever been released.

Dbgtgoten
July 21st, 2008, 07:31
Yea monster hunter freedom 2 was awesome still good to play especially playing with friends etc =P

Can't wait for vahalla knights 2 its like the only big games really come out since the psp release list is like dead.... even tho the psp is a good console everyones lazy and wants a quick buck for nothing heh