PDA

View Full Version : Sony holding back on secret PS3 title

Shrygue
July 21st, 2008, 17:42
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=193673)

Sony is still yet to reveal a top-secret game supposedly shown to the BBC earlier this year.

You may remember a BBC reporter (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=183209) claiming to have been shown a secret PS3 title that he said "could be on the brink of a step change in what games consoles are capable of in terms of story-telling and immersion".

But this game, according to that same reporter, was not shown at last week's E3 expo. "MAG appeared - the massively multiplayer online FPS game," he says, but adds: "this was not the game I was referring to. It still hasn't been shown publicly."

Speculation originally linked the secret game to Eight Days - a now-cancelled title from Sony's London studio - but that wasn't it either.

"Some of you might be thinking the game is pure vapourware. But I promise you it's real," says the BBC reporter.

We'll be keeping an eye out at Leipzig next month then.

Accordion
July 21st, 2008, 18:06
General feelings that this confused reporter saw Heavy Rain still seem likely.
The game wasnt shown at E3.

The idea of showing a single, unspecialized reporter a secret, unknown game not due out for 2 years with a strict NDA is completely pointless to me. Why go to the trouble.

masterchief929
July 21st, 2008, 18:26
oh no! ninty beware! sony is planning another pointless title that wont increase its console sales at all!!!!!! :rofl:

pibs
July 21st, 2008, 19:14
Sounds like they are just making shit up now. With everyone dropping their pants at E3 you would think Sony would follow with at the very least a mention of such a title.

jrsmaster411
July 22nd, 2008, 00:58
sounds like heavy rain to me

MicroNut
July 22nd, 2008, 01:31
I just want Wipeout HD and they cant even get that right.

JKKDARK
July 22nd, 2008, 01:41
lol a top-secret game. Probably a game that no one cares :rofl:

DPyro
July 22nd, 2008, 02:13
lol a top-secret game. Probably a game that no one cares :rofl:

Watch your stupid comments come back to haunt you.

Shadowblind
July 22nd, 2008, 02:37
I bet this is Sony's answer to the new Halo game coming out. Something tells me they JUST decided this super-secret game.

We'll see, won't we?

F9zDark
July 22nd, 2008, 03:40
General feelings that this confused reporter saw Heavy Rain still seem likely.
The game wasnt shown at E3.

The idea of showing a single, unspecialized reporter a secret, unknown game not due out for 2 years with a strict NDA is completely pointless to me. Why go to the trouble.

The reporter could have been good friends with someone at Sony; Phil Harrison for instance. Its not out of the realm of possibility that the two were old college buddies and Phil decided to "hook him up".

Granted this is a stretch, but "he knows so-in-so" is the only explanation I can come up with.

jrsmaster411
July 22nd, 2008, 04:40
I bet this is Sony's answer to the new Halo game coming out. Something tells me they JUST decided this super-secret game.

We'll see, won't we?

Are you serious? That stupid looking Halo RTS, I'm sure Sony is shaking in their boots after seeing Microsofts quick easy money Halo spinoff. Sony's got Resistance 2. Little Big Planet, Socom Confrontation, Killzone 2, and Disgaea 3 coming out this year and you think they have to resort to starting rumors of secret games to get people excited about the PS3. I've seen stupid anti sony posts before but this is among the stupidest

Accordion
July 22nd, 2008, 10:47

We'll see, won't we?

Seeimg as this game was was apparantly shown at the beginning of this year, i dont know they could have "JUST decided " anything.

And if it is still meant to be secret, with only one person to have knowledge of it outside of development, i dont really see how you can believe this is an answer to the latest Halo.