PDA

View Full Version : Pspuae 0.4

Mr.Modem
October 13th, 2005, 16:15
A new version of PSPUAE, the Commodore Amiga emulator have been released:

PSPUAE v0.40 (MIB.42)

Changes :
- Several minor optimizations on M68K and Amiga/PSP graphics.
- Semi-transparent ( customizable from Config Menu ) full-featured keyboard.
- Fully configurable button and analog stick assignments from Config Menu/Options ( finally )
: includes flexible assignments of key presses, joystick/mouse buttons to PSP buttons.
: includes flexible assignment of Joy0/Joy1/Mouse to PSP Analog stick/Directional Buttons.
- Auto repeat on menu selections.
- Adaptive Border Padding ( change from Config Menu )
- Load / Save / Default configurations ( 2 slots )
: I use this to load different configs for different games... Joystick/Mouse/keys etc...
- ScreenSave to .bmp file. ( Assign key from Config Menu/Options, START button by default )
: saves to directory where the executable was invoked from ( the non-% pspuae directory )
- Fine mouse movement ( HiRes ) is possible while holding button ( assignment customizable )
- From Config Menu, press Select to shortcut back to the Amiga.
- In the Config Menu ( activated by Select ) : Cross (X) is select, Circle (O) is cancel.

Still single buffered, looking at performance / visuals, I don't think I'll do double.

I've tested it and there is no big speed improvements although the demo Enigma seems to run a little bit faster (maybe I'm just optimistic). You can download it from hrm you know.

parabolee
October 13th, 2005, 16:49
Some great speed improvments in this. Sensible World od Soccer is now playable BUT far from perfect.

You have two choices -

Frameskip 2 -

It's a little choppy but runs at 90% speed which is plenty fast enough as the game is fast as hell. This is the best option and although it is chopy you get used to it and it's playable in my opinion.

Frameskip 1 -

Runs much smoother but speed drops to 60% which is a little too slow, is tottaly playabel but those used to the fast speed will find it too slow, but this game is hard with the d-pad and this speed makes it a little easier. Go with frameskip 2 though.

GREAT WORK! Hopefully we can get a 20% speed increase allowing 90% of games playable at frameskip 1 with at least 80% speed. I could tottaly live with that.