PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2 DS

wraggster
July 21st, 2008, 21:35
Le Rodeur (http://www.playeradvance.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26367) has released the first version of his project to bring a Diablo Clone to the Nintendo DS:

Heres the info:

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/7346/screenmy5.png

Bon bah this is my first project, a mini-remake (I said mini) this diablo2 fact that my dream (always elsewhere). As stated in the subtitle you incarnerez the witch of diablo2.

History:
ver 000.1: Bah is still in alpha version so you can just move the witch on a map infinite
How to play:
With the pad, for the moment just arrows marches (diagonal included therein)
Other information:
Uh ... There is a part that the announcement of diablo3 gave me the punch XD (vreaiment I had trouble with diagonals at the beginning)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Hitmanthe3rd
July 21st, 2008, 23:08
umm...cant wait! heh I think

JKKDARK
July 22nd, 2008, 00:14
Good, I will see for more updates. It looks decent :)

agenericperson
July 22nd, 2008, 00:36
Looks interesting. Doesn't look like I can move with the stylus though...

some_guy_named_matt
July 22nd, 2008, 00:57
ill wait for a more updates to try, something tells me you just walk...

[Matt]

jedimaster12
July 22nd, 2008, 01:54
id change the name a lil so blizz doesn't shut it down like the sc port lol.

sotu1
July 22nd, 2008, 13:56
i've always dreamed of diablo for the DS, it'd be fine as diablo 1 gameplay but with the D2 skill set...dreamlike amazingness....wish i could help but i'm totally non skilled in programming!

anteopimp
July 22nd, 2008, 18:14
Hold Up Man! Do Not, I Repeat! Do Not Try To Port Diablo 2! There Have Been Ports Of Starcraft And Stuff That Have Been Shut Down, Please Make It Clear To Everyone That This Isn't A Port, That You're Just Using The Same Characters/environments! I Do Not Want To See This Fail, After Starlite Broke My Dreams.

Demonic_Cr0w
July 22nd, 2008, 20:37
id change the name a lil so blizz doesn't shut it down like the sc port lol.I wish they didn't stop the SC port = ( But he's right, if you're not careful, this will have the same fate...

anteopimp
July 22nd, 2008, 20:49
http://youtube.com/watch?v=we2rNrg351E

Heres a short vid I found on youtube that showed me mostly what it was, and tells you how it is like a mini review. By DSHomebrewSociety whoever that is?

jaybud4
July 23rd, 2008, 03:27
Hold Up Man! Do Not, I Repeat! Do Not Try To Port Diablo 2! There Have Been Ports Of Starcraft And Stuff That Have Been Shut Down, Please Make It Clear To Everyone That This Isn't A Port, That You're Just Using The Same Characters/environments! I Do Not Want To See This Fail, After Starlite Broke My Dreams.
I highly dislike it when people capitalize every word. Is that how you were taught to write? Is that how you were taught to SPEAK? (Yes, capitals ARE in fact supposed to be discernible in proper enunciation.)

All pet peeves aside, I'd like to not see this get shut down, but the creator doesn't seem to speak English, so all our efforts here would be for naught. And, unfortunately, I really doubt the creator knows about this site anyway...

Kulawend
July 23rd, 2008, 04:23
I wouldn't worry about this project getting "shut down". Chances are it won't get far with or without resistance from Blizz.

rudster
July 23rd, 2008, 05:44
its gonna end up like the starcraft ds, blizzards gonna bitch and moan then we cant play it

AuroraKnight
July 23rd, 2008, 16:34
Hmmmmm, it looks interesting. I hope we get to see this develop further at the very least

mr game porter
July 23rd, 2008, 20:37
and do you idiots know HOW blizzard finds this stuff? partially because of your comments "i hope blizzard don't shut this down", i bet blizzard got a whole god damn crew working JUST to get this stuff off the internets. i mean; how hard is it to google "blizzard hope shutdown" for example...you sure as hell make their jobs A LOT easier.

i don't mean to be offensive, but...LOL?

anteopimp
July 23rd, 2008, 23:49
maybe so mr game porter, but I just emailed the creator (I speak French, from Canada :D) and I've informed him of the dangers and such. jaybud4, sorry for the caps, It would've all been caps if the forum disabled it, its just that when I read this, my heart skipped a beat due to its awesomeness.

vinguru896
October 7th, 2008, 17:53
Hold Up Man! Do Not, I Repeat! Do Not Try To Port Diablo 2! There Have Been Ports Of Starcraft And Stuff That Have Been Shut Down, Please Make It Clear To Everyone That This Isn't A Port, That You're Just Using The Same Characters/environments! I Do Not Want To See This Fail, After Starlite Broke My Dreams.Hold Up Man! Do Not, I Repeat! Do Not Type Like This! It Makes You Look Like A Gigantic Retard.
Seriously, it's not that hard to learn and follow most conventions of the English language. I think we all learned how to capitalize words when we were eight years old.

OP: are you doing this from scratch, or working with the existing D2 files? Either way, I can hardly wait.

calisoulja
February 19th, 2009, 02:46
is there further work being done on this pm me
please and thanks

Megatron222
July 3rd, 2009, 18:43
Pretty neat I got v4 running on my games n music. Good work so far

timtek
July 21st, 2009, 21:27
This sounds like with a little more work it would be a lot of fun. I hope development is still going on.

SenseiMasterZ
November 7th, 2009, 01:30
Uhm....
Id like to see how this turns out.

kally
November 7th, 2009, 03:13
Silver PSP Slim + 3.90m33-2 + 4GB MSPro
Phat PSP + 3.90m33-2 + 8GB MSPro
NDS Lite + M3 Simply + 1GB
NDS Phat + M3 Mini-SD + 512MB
Xbox 360 + Softmodded (Banned)
Nintendo Wii (Not Modded)
Nintendo Gamecube (Not Modded)
Playstation 2 (Not Modded)
Playstation One (Modded)
N64
NES

LDAsh
November 7th, 2009, 07:47
Thanks for the spam, Kally. No one cares.

It's likely the project will never be updated, because even if it were it's likely to get axed by Blizzard. Coder should rename the project and find a team of digital artists to create a completely new IP.