PDA

View Full Version : Possible downgrader for all versions

PsPmad
October 13th, 2005, 20:07
You guys remember the 1.5 swaploit well ive found a way to downgrade well i think it will work but the only thing is that when it gos to the 1.5 installment
screen it will check the firmware but im still trying to find a way to bypass that.
instruction:
1. you will need 2 mem cards any size
2. you need a copy of 1.5 firmware
3. this exploit
4. you need to put the exploit eboot.pbp in mem card 1 In UPDATE DIR
5. you will need to put 1.5 update in secound mem card
6. put in first memcard in psp and then run firmware 2.51
7. as soon as u see the psp screen switch memcard with the
memcard with 1.5 update on it and just wait the up date will start the 1.5 update but then it will say the an older virsion of the update is on psp well something like that well this is just an update on what i was working on

Here any 1 can mess with the file and try to find a way to bypass that screen
but i think this is an improvement also this should work on new virsion 2.50

sitexec
October 13th, 2005, 21:00
with all the bricking latley, you mind telling us what exactly your expoit.rar is doing? The straight swap memstick trick was fixed in 2.0 as for my knowledge.....

PsPmad
October 13th, 2005, 21:34
well like i said its just a test and no it dose run it will say 2.51 firmare update just click it and when the psp screen appears switch memcards and it will run 1.5 update but it still wont let u instal it

Fanjita
October 14th, 2005, 01:26
He's basically edited the metadata file in an old version update file (v1.5?) to claim that it's a v2.51 update.

This gets past the first stage checks done by the shell to decide what version the update file contains, so it will attempt to run the update.

But this is just the first of a set of checks, and the other ones are harder to get past than using a simple hex editor.