PDA

View Full Version : Sony says nothing on 'PSP 3000'

wraggster
July 22nd, 2008, 16:16
Images have emerged of what's claimed to be an upcoming hardware update for the PSP, sporting new buttons and a built in microphone.

The pics, which cropped up on Chinese forum PSPChina (via Kotaku), show the new 'PSP 3000' shell complete with 'PS button' in place of the old 'home' one and a tiny microphone off to the side.

The metallic ring on the UMD drive on the back of the console is also thinner, possibly keeping the handheld more stable on flat surfaces.

The PSP Slim & Lite, which is much lighter than it is thinner, only hit the shops last year.

For brand consolidation reasons it'd make perfect sense to switch the 'home' button out for the PS3's version, and the other changes aren't exactly earth shattering, so we reckon this update could be plausible.

We've just got off the phone with Sony Computer Entertainment's UK office though and it's dishing out a straight "no comment" on the PSP 3000 pics. Predictable.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=193742

Shadowblind
July 22nd, 2008, 16:25
Usually the first sign of a new console isn't pics, its news...

Buddy4point0
July 22nd, 2008, 16:26
Of coarse they say nothing.
It could always just be a hardware mod by the guys at PSPChina still.

mike_jmg
July 22nd, 2008, 16:49
I don't know, it looks kinda real

But for now is too much for me, I just got a slim, and I'm not planing on upgrading to another hardware any time soon.

acn010
July 22nd, 2008, 17:29
if it comes out ill buy asap.... but really, how the hell these people got their hands on those pieces of plastic? is it the people who works on those manufacturing places from sony? it may be a prototype? quack?!?

osgeld
July 22nd, 2008, 18:35
many people have access to rapid protyping machines, and china is especially known for being able to knock stuff off

1 wth does the metal ring thats mostly flat with the plastic being thinner have to do with stability?

2 why is the "home" button all out of whack, the real strip, even with little or nothing holding it in doesnt look that out of place

dejkirkby
July 22nd, 2008, 18:40
From what I've read, it will also include telephony capabilities.