PDA

View Full Version : Iwata: Friend codes system isn't perfect

Shrygue
July 22nd, 2008, 19:35
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=193738)

Satoru Iwata has admitted that Nintendo's restrictions on interaction via Wii Connect 24 could be improved and has said the company will be working to improve the service in the future.

"First of all, I don't think the current system we have with friend codes is perfect," he said in an interview with GameDaily.

"However, if it's an online world where you can get access to anybody without any restrictions, I as a father do not feel like allowing my daughter be engaged in that kind of world."

Iwata said that the company felt it was important to create a world free of harassment for those who have never experienced online videogames before.

"So we will be studying this," he added, "on an ongoing basis in order to improve Nintendo's own circumstances where people can freely and safely enjoy the communications through the net."

vicious1988
July 22nd, 2008, 21:00
However, if it's an online world where you can get access to anybody without any restrictions, I as a father do not feel like allowing my daughter be engaged in that kind of world.

Internet channel anyone?