PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous DS chargers "flood" UK

Shrygue
July 22nd, 2008, 20:21
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=193749)

"Hundred of thousands" of dangerous and unsafe Nintendo DS chargers could have made their way over to the UK, Trading Standards have warned.

The body is trying to recall the dodgy DS and DS Lite chargers, which officers say have been shipped over from China to UK shops in "vast numbers" and could cause electrocution.

Wires become detached from the plugs after being used, leading to a large risk of electric shocks. The pins don't fit properly in UK sockets either, causing overheating.

One of the chargers concerned has the code marking 'DE62347066', but others have no code and are simply called 'Travel Charger'.

Speaking to the BBC, Chris Holden, senior trading standards officer at Buckinghamshire County Council, said that the chargers are being sold for about £5 on the internet and about £6 in the shops. Safe chargers retail for around £15.

"The UK appears to be flooded with them," he said. "It probably runs into hundreds of thousands or even millions."

You've been warned: don't buy any cheapo DS chargers from the market.

acn010
July 22nd, 2008, 22:35
lol, did this whole chargers slipped security checks.. or what, do they have testing rooms?

some_guy_named_matt
July 23rd, 2008, 05:41
silly china. oh well, we saw this with the original XBOX power supply...

yawn, nothing new.

AuroraKnight
July 23rd, 2008, 16:17
wow...I dunno about nebody else but if I got one of those and if ****ed up my DS, I'd be pissed <_<