PDA

View Full Version : Basilisk II for the PSP v1.10 - Mac Emulator for the PSP

wraggster
July 22nd, 2008, 20:28
JF (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3741&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=570) otherwise known as ChillyWilly and as JLF65 on DCEmu, hey and even i got confused last night when JLF65 remarked on the emu here at DCEmu :P

Anyway heres the official release package which is the same as test 20 but for guides etc:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9154/b2pspwc0.jpg

The official release of Basilisk II for the PSP is here! Features include:

Emulates a Mac II series machine running OS 7.0.1 through 8.1, depending on the ROM used.
Uses UAE CPU emulation, with new SoftFloat FPU emulation for better compatibility.
The PSP memstick can be mounted on the Mac desktop (requires File Manager 1.2).
Supports on-the-fly change of colors and resolution (requires Display Manager).
Has stereo, 16-bit, 44kHz audio (requires Sound Manager 3.0).
Supports emulated floppy and CDROM with removable media (no CD audio yet).
Supports up to four hardfiles for use as fixed drives.
UDP tunnel for AppleTalk networking across WIFI (no general networking yet).
Emulates a Mac Extended ADB keyboard and mouse. Buttons can be remapped on-the-fly, and popular IR keyboards are supported on the Phat PSP.
Supports extra memory and TV out on the Slim PSP.

I made changes to the non-platform-specific code (particularly the FPU emulation), so I've bumped the version to 1.1. I'll probably make some changes and bug fixes later, so I'm calling this 1.1.0. Two main downloads for the binary and one of the source are available. The larger binary archive comes with a nice BIG guide, so I archived it with 7zip. If you don't know how to handle 7zip, google it.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Mr Grim
July 23rd, 2008, 11:20
hey man great work, it's fantastic that your making all this time on perfecting this fantastic emulator, keep up the good work =D

hack.fool
July 23rd, 2008, 12:03
Thanks for the release
Cheers for all of your hard work!!

Buddy4point0
July 23rd, 2008, 21:23
Awesome work man. This is a really nice emulator.

mike03$$$
July 24th, 2008, 04:53
nice

retrorandy
March 28th, 2009, 23:21
Yes, it has come a long way. I kept looking for a decent word processor for the PSP & this emulator might just be the solution. Just installed an old version of Clarisworks and it's working GREAT!

Something really incredible about being able to run these great apps with 8mb of ram on my old PSP Phat. It's like owning an old MAC laptop, but with better battery technology.

Now if we could just figure out a way to use a mouse I'd be in heaven. Do they make IR mice? hehe

luftwaffes
May 17th, 2009, 07:43
how do u install games into it ?

JLF65
May 18th, 2009, 22:11
how do u install games into it ?

The latest version is 1.1.1, and you'll find it, the source, and a guide on Chilly's google group:
http://groups.google.com/group/chilly-willys-ice-flow/web/basilisk-ii-for-the-psp?hl=en

The guide walks you through setting up the emulator and installing a game. Read through it.
:)

The short version is, put a game archive on the memstick, copy it from the memstick to the hard file inside the emulation, then unarchive it inside the emulation. Transferring it as an archive makes sure that nothing is lost due to those wacky Mac filesystems.