PDA

View Full Version : text editor sugestion/ ir port request (please help ZX-81)

DrMalvadeza
July 23rd, 2008, 15:58
First, let me introduce myself very briefly. I'm a brazilian student who studies in a school that lets me use the psp to take note of the classes. So I've been using your homebrew PSPwrite for some time, and it's really great, way better than using a pen to write. However i kinda miss some functions like text wrap, diferent colors and font sizes in the same document and, mainly, the hability to add and see pictures (which I can get from my celphone's cam) on my work.

I know PSPwrite works only with plain text so only the text wrap funccion could be improved on it, but I have another idea on how to get those things.

I don't know if you know LINKS2 port for PSP, by Raf, but it's a great browser and it already works with the Danzel's keyboard input, so I was thinking if you could possibly make it work with IR keyboards like you do with other homebrews, this way I'd be able to acess all those functions AND also acess the internet very easily and quickly.

Also, for the text wrap function, i saw it exists in another homebrew: PSPoste. So maybe you could like borrow this code from it with the developers permission and implement it on PSPwrite (not sure that is possible, just trying to help).

Well that's it, hope you can help me out here
Thanks for your time and sorry for any english mistakes=]

btw, here is links2 download page : http://pspradio.sourceforge.net/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=24

the project seens to be dead for some time...

zx-81
July 26th, 2008, 21:31
First, let me introduce myself very briefly. I'm a brazilian student who studies in a school that lets me use the psp to take note of the classes. So I've been using your homebrew PSPwrite for some time, and it's really great, way better than using a pen to write. However i kinda miss some functions like text wrap, diferent colors and font sizes in the same document and, mainly, the hability to add and see pictures (which I can get from my celphone's cam) on my work.

I know PSPwrite works only with plain text so only the text wrap funccion could be improved on it, but I have another idea on how to get those things.

I haven't added text wrap for now, since i have to rewrite partially the editor engine and it is not the funniest task ...

but one day :)

I don't know if you know LINKS2 port for PSP, by Raf, but it's a great browser and it already works with the Danzel's keyboard input, so I was thinking if you could possibly make it work with IR keyboards like you do with other homebrews, this way I'd be able to acess all those functions AND also acess the internet very easily and quickly.

It could be a good idea to add ir keyboard support to LINKS2, but have you tried the sce web browser with pikey installed ?

Also, for the text wrap function, i saw it exists in another homebrew: PSPoste. So maybe you could like borrow this code from it with the developers permission and implement it on PSPwrite (not sure that is possible, just trying to help).

the code is different, i can't reuse anything ...

DrMalvadeza
July 27th, 2008, 01:14
I haven't added text wrap for now, since i have to rewrite partially the editor engine and it is not the funniest task ...

but one day

hmm, ok, I actually had seen u talking about this in other post, I only mentioned it becouse of this idea about getting code from PSPoste.

It could be a good idea to add ir keyboard support to LINKS2, but have you tried the sce web browser with pikey installed ?

I'm sorry, by sce you mean the oficial web browser from sony? If so, I did, but it's not very good for writing as you need to write in parts (SONY's OSK only supports a determinated chunk of letters each activation).

I was planning to use LINKS2 toghter with some kind of online HTML editor, so that i could add images to my text and edit colors, fonts, sizes, etc.

Thanks for replying btw :) I bet you have a lot of things to do, so thanks for your time!

UPDATE:

Nevermind about my real time editor idea :(
just tested it without the IR keyboard suport and links2 just wont run it becouse of some kind of imcompatibility. But i still think porting it to work with keyboards wud be a good idea if it's something not so difficult to be done.

zx-81
July 28th, 2008, 08:22
about pspwrite, a new version is coming soon with word wrap feature :P

i will have a look on links2, it couldbe cool to use it with IR keyboard.

DrMalvadeza
July 28th, 2008, 18:28
woohoo thanks a lot =]

zx-81
July 28th, 2008, 22:51
it's out :)