PDA

View Full Version : Sony Go! Explore - GPS for PSP Released in the UK

wraggster
July 23rd, 2008, 18:56
Newly released in the UK at Amazon UK:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/02/ciu/fb/d9/6e1b36c622a0f0e624a89110._AA280_.L.jpg

The Sat Nav add on for the PSP finally released in the UK

Heres a reader review:

I bought this one in a major UK high street store two weeks ago and have been very impressed with the results. After a bit of getting used to it works as well as any other Sat Nav I have used. The device to attach it to your windscreen is sturdy and fully adjustable; it picks the signal up very quickly and has a variety of routes to choose from (economical, fastest etc). Navigation of the software using the PSP controls is easy, typing addresses using the on screen keyboard is a joy; the predictive software is logical and fast. Personally I have never liked the touch screen sat navs so the use of the D-Pad and other PSP buttons is a functional plus point for me. Once your route is selected there are a host of bonuses - seek out nearest petrol stations, shops, bars, places of interest - its like a mini tourist focused yellow pages coming along for the trip!

Drawbacks? Well yes - the built in speaker is pretty quite in my car so I have to use the headphone socket to feed the sound to my Cars stereo system - not ideal but it works very well.

I have not tested it on foot - the 3D maps look great but I don't fancy wandering the streets with mp PSP and Sat Nav gizmo on full display!

Conclusion - for the £100 or so outlay you are getting the functionality of a £200 plus Sat Nav with some small drawbacks (Sound, Size when on Foot). These drawbacks aside I am delighted with the purchase.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0015INJ7M//ref=nosim/dcemu-21

yakumo
July 23rd, 2008, 19:04
Is there any difference between this and the one released at Japan? I was planning to buy one from Play Asia, but I don't know if I will be able to get maps of my country (Spain).

Any ideas about this?

Thanks in advance.

osgeld
July 24th, 2008, 05:55
kinda klunky looking

Mr-S
August 7th, 2008, 19:23
Ah ive been waiting for this for a while.. ever since i played portable ops i knew there was one... :) seems kewl when you in the car.. fathful little psps is there with you :)

uelv
August 21st, 2008, 16:42
HI,just got the PSP GPS.Downloaded the map.Cannot get it to fontion though.Pls advice............ THKS!!!!!!

insane90
August 25th, 2008, 15:23
Excellent software. It's great, but you do lose your signal in wooded area's and it can take a little while to get the signal back which can be a pain.

I'm not sure how updated the maps are, but they seem relatively new.

9/10 from me.

P.s

i bought the GPS from a site in Hong Kong for £30 ($60) and then *cough* got the software on my PSP and it worked straight off.

You need to get the satellites before you start driving, otherwise it's a pain to get them once you start moving - just like on the custom-firmware map releases.

aussiemark
September 3rd, 2008, 06:44
Hey guys. I live in Japan and have few Q's about GPS.
I want one but are all menus in japanese if i buy it here??

How do you get the maps onto your psp?? Can you get maps of Australia??

Where do you download them or buy them from and how much??

Any help would be great guys. Post back or email me at [email protected].

Cheers

Ktuluger
October 13th, 2008, 18:48
:]

DennyPSP
January 10th, 2009, 19:25
Who can help to buy a map of Russia which has left as addition to Go! Explore on January, 8th 2009.
The matter is that uploading is accessible only to English PSP Store.
I am ready to pay charges through PayPal or Moneybookers.
I hope to the guys from England with an English credit card.
thanks