PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo: you've seen all our 2008 games

Shrygue
July 23rd, 2008, 20:13
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=200316)

has said we have seen "the extent" of what the company is offering this Christmas.

Dunaway was defending the lack of core Wii games shown at the E3 press conference last week - something that Nintendo overlord Satoru Iwata apologised for recently.

"Absolutely the hardcore gamer crowd is critically important to us," Cammie Dunaway told Wired. "But we announce what we have that's ready to share.

"And so we don't talk about stuff until we've got a great degree of confidence that we're close enough to release it. So we announce what we have. And we're really proud of what we have coming in to this holiday season.

"You have seen the extent of Nintendo's 2008 holiday line-up," she added.

Animal Crossing, Wii Music, Wario Land: Shake It, Super Mario Sluggers and Call of Duty were all mentioned by Dunaway as games for the core audience this year.

vicious1988
July 23rd, 2008, 21:08
That's one helluva lineup. Maybe I should've gotten a 360. But then I wouldn't have all these great homebrew emulators.

EDIT

Or perhaps I'll just go out, into the blazing sun, and find a girl. GASP!!!!

grossaffe
July 23rd, 2008, 21:10
Wii Music is a core game?

Jay6
July 24th, 2008, 06:34
lol... animal crossing is sooooo core. >_>;

TechRat
July 24th, 2008, 14:37
Is Nintendo publishing Call of Duty? If not, it doesn't count.

The only "core" game in that list otherwise is Wario Land, and maybe Sluggers (depending on your perspective).

Cammy is completely out of touch with Nintendo's user base. Either that, or Nintendo is trying to slowly change the definition of "core gamer" so that they can continue to announce that they make such games while churning out more casual fluff. :mad:

JKKDARK
July 24th, 2008, 16:28
We need better games :(

DPyro
July 24th, 2008, 17:15
Nintendo games = fail.

Shadowblind
July 24th, 2008, 17:59
Tales of Symphonia 2 FTW. Other then that, theres no other game I want.

Shuichi
July 26th, 2008, 05:36
Nintendo games = fail.

PS Games = Fail

Jay6
July 26th, 2008, 07:42
ToS2, Megaman 9, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, and hopefully a few Sonic games that don't suck. Maybe even Earthbound for VC. (hoping)

masterpaul
July 26th, 2008, 10:27
we have seen all there games:

we have seen:

:: day of crisis (sopposed to come out early this year but got delayed)

:: project hammer (dead).

Day of crysis is enough for me.